White privilege? What are your thoughts? - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

White privilege? What are your thoughts?
Old 15-03-2019
Dream.Angel
Creaming The Posts

Dream.Angel is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled

White privilege? What are your thoughts?

White privilege (or white skin privilege) is the societal privilege that benefits white people over non-white people, particularly if they are otherwise under the same social, political, or economic circumstances. Academic perspectives such as critical race theory and whiteness studies use the concept to analyze how racism and racialized societies affect the lives of white or white-skinned people.

According to Peggy McIntosh, whites in Western societies enjoy advantages that non-whites do not experience, as "an invisible package of unearned assets".[1] White privilege denotes both obvious and less obvious passive advantages that white people may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice. These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely. The effects can be seen in professional, educational, and personal contexts. The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal.

Some scholars say that the term uses the concept of "whiteness" as a proxy for class or other social privilege or as a distraction from deeper underlying problems of inequality.

Others state that it is not that whiteness is a proxy but that many other social privileges are interconnected with it, requiring complex and careful analysis to identify how whiteness contributes to privilege.[6] Other commentators propose alternative definitions of whiteness and exceptions to or limits of white identity, arguing that the concept of white privilege ignores important differences between white subpopulations and individuals and suggesting that the notion of whiteness cannot be inclusive of all white people. They note the problem of acknowledging the diversity of people of color and ethnicity within these groups.

Writers have noted that the "academic-sounding concept of white privilege" sometimes elicits defensiveness and misunderstanding among white people, in part due to how the concept of white privilege was rapidly brought into the mainstream spotlight through social media campaigns such as Black Lives Matter.

As an academic concept that was only recently brought into the mainstream, the concept of white privilege is frequently misinterpreted by non-academics; some academics, having studied white privilege undisturbed for decades, have been surprised by the seemingly-sudden hostility from right-wing critics since approximately 2014.

Kudi da pata karo...Kede pind di aa
Kede shehar di aa...O lagdi Punjab di aa
O lagdi Lahore di aa

5 Lastest Threads by Dream.Angel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Types of people on a uk bus Topics & Posts For Public Viewing micklfc08 1 2 24-03-2024 08:46
Devi | Kajol | Royal Stag Barrel Select Large... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Dream.Angel 0 1 07-03-2020 02:54
A DAY IN NEW DELHI VLOG! AMERICANS PLAY CRICKET... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Dream.Angel 0 1 07-03-2020 02:38

Old 15-03-2019   #2
Afghan_Beauty
Zombie Poster

Female
Afghan_Beauty is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryAfghan_Beauty's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 15
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
My passion for you is intoxicating.
Why is everything about race??

Old 15-03-2019   #3
$_Hu5tL3R_$
Creaming The Posts

Male
$_Hu5tL3R_$ is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 1

has no status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghan_Beauty View Post
Why is everything about race??
Everything is about racial or cultural superiority

my ex below gives lap dances

Old 15-03-2019   #4
DeAth_St4r
Post Slayer

male
DeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the rough
My Mood:
CountryDeAth_St4r's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 166
Thanks (Received): 90
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 231
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 12
hello
im mixed

i dunt feel like iv had ne special treatment
i used to get called coconut a lot by my cuzins

Old 15-03-2019   #5
shexy
Dynamite Hands

Female
shexy is a jewel in the roughshexy is a jewel in the roughshexy is a jewel in the rough
My Mood:
Countryshexy's Flag is: England
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 155
Thanks (Received): 98
Likes (Given): 217
Likes (Received): 168
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 2

My bibi says im sheXy! :$
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAth_St4r View Post
im mixed

i dunt feel like iv had ne special treatment
i used to get called coconut a lot by my cuzins

bt youre not a gora even if u think u are one

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.

But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best

Old 27-03-2019   #6
micklfc08
In Post Rehab

micklfc08 will become famous soon enoughmicklfc08 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Countrymicklfc08's Flag is: Ireland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 45
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 2

She said: You are a shallow male pig :).
Tbh,

white population is decreasing in USA and Europe:

New census population projections confirm the importance of racial minorities as the primary demographic engine of the nation’s future growth, countering an aging, slow-growing and soon to be declining white population. The new statistics project that the nation will become “minority white” in 2045. During that year, whites will comprise 49.7 percent of the population in contrast to 24.6 percent for Hispanics, 13.1 percent for blacks, 7.9 percent for Asians, and 3.8 percent for multiracial populations (see Figure 1).

The shift is the result of two trends. First, between 2018 and 2060, gains will continue in the combined racial minority populations, growing by 74 percent. Second, during this time frame, the aging white population will see a modest immediate gain through 2024, and then experience a long-term decline through 2060, a consequence of more deaths than births (see Figure 2).

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...nsus-projects/

Among the minority populations, the greatest growth is projected for multiracial populations, Asians and Hispanics with 2018–2060 growth rates of 176, 93, and 86 percent, respectively. The projected growth rate for blacks is 34 percent.* The demographic source of growth varies across groups. For example, immigration contributes to one-third of Hispanic growth over this time span, with the rest attributable to natural increase (the excess of births over deaths). Among Asians, immigration contributes to three quarters of the projected growth.

"That's none of your business."

Old 27-03-2019   #7
balti
Wild Poster

male
balti will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 17

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by micklfc08 View Post
Tbh,

white population is decreasing in USA and Europe:

New census population projections confirm the importance of racial minorities as the primary demographic engine of the nation’s future growth, countering an aging, slow-growing and soon to be declining white population. The new statistics project that the nation will become “minority white” in 2045. During that year, whites will comprise 49.7 percent of the population in contrast to 24.6 percent for Hispanics, 13.1 percent for blacks, 7.9 percent for Asians, and 3.8 percent for multiracial populations (see Figure 1).

The shift is the result of two trends. First, between 2018 and 2060, gains will continue in the combined racial minority populations, growing by 74 percent. Second, during this time frame, the aging white population will see a modest immediate gain through 2024, and then experience a long-term decline through 2060, a consequence of more deaths than births (see Figure 2).

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...nsus-projects/

Among the minority populations, the greatest growth is projected for multiracial populations, Asians and Hispanics with 2018–2060 growth rates of 176, 93, and 86 percent, respectively. The projected growth rate for blacks is 34 percent.* The demographic source of growth varies across groups. For example, immigration contributes to one-third of Hispanic growth over this time span, with the rest attributable to natural increase (the excess of births over deaths). Among Asians, immigration contributes to three quarters of the projected growth.
I think so too...In the terms of white population.. I think western civilization is dying..
India and China are larger than Europe.
Thousands of students travel and live abroad compared to whites.
Whites generally travel and stay withing Europe.
Population influx,

India has a size of 3,166,414 sq km, which looks tiny compared to Greenland. Now, if we take it to the North Pole, it looks way bigger than Greenland (2,166,086 sq km), which is, in reality, true according to their size. But since India is located near the equator its size look much smaller than Greenland.

Take a look at the land ass maps here:
https://www.geospatialworld.net/blog...-as-they-look/

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle

Old 28-03-2019   #8
Desi_0_0_Doll
Wild Poster

Female
Desi_0_0_Doll is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryDesi_0_0_Doll's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 8

has no status.

DIVIDED BRITAIN White British population has fallen by more than HALF in just 20 years in parts of UK as country becomes ‘more segregated’
Shock report describes a society increasingly segregated along racial lines and calls on white British residents to remain in diverse urban areas

England’s white population overall fell from 86.8 per cent in 2001 to 79.8 in 2011.

During that ten-year period, the number of white residents in Newham, East London, dropped from 33.6 per cent to 16.7 per cent.

And in Slough, Berks, it fell from 58.3 per cent to 34.5. Leicester, Birmingham and Luton also saw large declines across the decade.

The study by diversity researcher Professor Ted Cantle found some white people felt where they lived was “no longer for them”.

He said: “White people are leaving urban areas in a disproportionate number and avoid moving to diverse areas when they do move.

“Some made no bones about it — they are moving out because ‘they’ are moving in.

“Policies may be needed to encourage white British residents to remain in diverse areas.”

In one case a community cohesion officer in Yorkshire told Prof Cantle he was the first Asian to move into a particular street and that within three years virtually every white family had gone.

He said: "Some of those families made no bones about it - they said they are moving out because 'they' are moving in." The research looked at census data from 1991, 2001 and 2011 to examine the movement of the white British population.

Prof Cantle predicts the divide between minorities and the white majority will be even greater by the 2021 census and has advised the government to intervene.

The bombshell report revealed that some areas of Blackburn are 95 per cent Asian

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/209950...re-segregated/

ε∀εrψß⊕dψ ωαη†š †⊕ ruレε †hε ω⊕rレd