°o.O Month of Muharram O.o° - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Religion & Culture > Islam > Deen Talk
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

°o.O Month of Muharram O.o°
Old 11-12-2010
Swaggin'Shawty
AMC Addict

Swaggin'Shawty is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Paki 'til da day i Die
Arrow

°o.O Month of Muharram O.o°

images.jpg

Month of Muharram is here...

Muharram is the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is one of the four sacred months of the year in which fighting is prohibited. Since the Islamic calendar is lunar, Muharram moves from year to year when compared with the Gregorian calendar. Muharram is so called because it is unlawful to fight during this month; the word is derived from the word haram, meaning "forbidden". It is held to be the most sacred of all the months, excluding Ramadan. Some Muslims fast during these days. The tenth day of Muharram is called Yaumu-l 'Ashurah, which is known by Shia Muslims as 'the day of grief'. Some Sunni Muslims fast during this day, because they believe that the Prophet Musa (Moses) was blessed with receiving the Taurah (Torah) on this 10th day; according to them, the Prophet Muhammad asked Muslims to fast on this day, and also a day extra either before or after, so that they are not similar to Jews. Fasting differs among the Muslim groupings; mainstream Shia Muslims stop eating and drinking during sunlight hours and do not eat until late afternoon. Sunni Muslims also fast during Muharram for the first 10 days of Muharram, just the tenth day or on both the ninth and tenth days; the exact term depending on the individual. Shia Muslims do so to replicate the sufferings of Husayn ibn Ali on the day of Ashurah. Some Shia Muslims, especially in India, go further in their attempts of replication, including self-flagellation / Matam.
divider_176.gif

In the month of Muharram, try to avoid music,
television (try to watch religious
programs) listen to
naats, read namaz, fast
&& and all the good
deeds that we know
will
make Allah proud : )

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_5ZiPTi6Zg[/YOUTUBE]

divider_164.gif

5 Lastest Threads by Swaggin'Shawty
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Islamic Miracles Deen Talk MrFitUk 2 7 23-02-2011 13:47

Muharram and our responsibilities
Old 11-12-2010   #2
Roohi
AMC Addict

Roohi will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
CountryRoohi's Flag is: Pakistan
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 23
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 32
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

life is beautiful
Muharram and our responsibilities

We are going through the blessed month of muharram.

This month remembers us the great sacrifice of Hazrat Imam Hussain RaziAllah anhu and his companions in karbala.

In todays era, what are our responsibilities regarding this event?

I think, today we should learn lesson from our past.We see that from early islamic history, very unfortunately,muslims have been killed by so-called muslims in the name of islam.and in the most of cases, the killing person is wrong like "yazeed", and the killed person is right like "Imam Hussain".

We see today that muslims have been divided into 73 sects and each sect calles others as kafir and calles itself as true muslim.Especailly in pakistan, extremism is upto such extent that in the month of muharrm, special security is to be oppointed to handle with any uncertain situation and to maintain law and order.Despite this security, many sorrowful incident happen durind this month and also in other months.

There are many reasons of this:

1.A false belief among muslims is propagated by so-called mullas that since muslims of other sects are not ture muslims and they are decieving in the name of islam, so in order to secure islam,killing of other sect people(muslims) is not only "halaal" but who ever does this will go to paradise.

2.Second reason is the false belief abut jihad.Today "mullas"(so-called ulama) tell mslims that propagation of islam by force in not only right but every true muslim should try to do this.In supporting of this belief, they present the hadith in which Anhuzur SalAllaho alaihe wasllam said that if a muslim sees a bad thing happening, he should stop it by hand,or by tongue.But if does not have such power then he should feel bad at least in heart about it.and it is the weakest level of emaan.From this hadith,mullas tell that spreading of good and stoping of bad is allwed in islam.

But it is a fact that Anhuzur SalAllaho alaihe wasallam never ever used his hand to stop bad deeds or to spread his message.and quran clearly tells us in many places that spreading of islam through force is strictly prohibited.Allah says:

"There is no compulsion in Deen." (Al-baqra)

"you(Muhammad salAllah alaihe wasllam) are only a frightner."

"you(Muhammad salAllah alaihe wasllam) are not a "musaitir"on them." (al-gashia)

3.ignorance of muslims towards quran and hadith is another major cause.

4.Poverty is another cause of extremism.and so-called mullas use such poor people to do "fasaad"in the name of islam.

A look from you is as blinding as the sun
As stunning as your eyes I lose myself in
A look from you is as pure as the clear blue sky
When I'm with you
Every minute I'm not around you
I feel like I left something behind.
Every time I'm not looking at you
I feel like I am blind
~

"Sade Jism Ne Vakh Vich Is Duniya ,
Chalo Maniya Tahiyo Aeh Duriya Ne
Par Milde Jad Appan Har Janam De Vich,