It's Not Un-Islamic ? - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Religion & Culture > Islam > Deen Talk
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

It's Not Un-Islamic ?
Old 23-02-2011
Roohi
AMC Addict

Roohi will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
life is beautiful

It's Not Un-Islamic ?

We Muslims are commanded to improve the societies we live in, to enjoin the good and forbid the wrong. It’s not enough to do that just among ourselves. We have to be an active part of our societies, not only to gain our own rights, but to see that right and justice prevail.

We should not hide our Islam but carry it proudly like a torch everywhere we go and let others know that we are guided by its principles. Our participation in society does not have to take the form of political involvement, for those who are still “squeamish” on the subject.

The important thing is to work with the non-Muslims around us to improve society, and to try to gradually shape it to our standards.

When end-of-the-year holidays come around, many Muslims ask whether they can celebrate with or give gifts to their non-Muslim colleagues, friends, or neighbors.

Some ask whether they can even say “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Hanukah!” to others. Well, of course we can wish them. Only radical Muslims would say that we cannot!

As long as alcohol and other forbidden items are not served, as long as there are no expressly un-Islamic activities, as long as the celebration is secular and not religious, there is nothing wrong in joining in.

These holidays are important for uniting people from different faith, and as long as nothing un-Islamic takes place, we can join our neighbors or friends for these festivities. However, we must not celebrate these holidays on our own. And if the gathering does include haram food or activities, we can still visit our friends or neighbors at another time, for example on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning, or on the New Year's day and give them gifts.

If we change our attitude towards “the others” and learn to think of them not only as non-Muslims but as fellow citizens and humans, we can take the first step to better understanding from both sides.

Every year Dubai makes all the needed preparations and decorations to welcome Christmas and make the atmosphere for the foreign residents of Dubai as Christmasy as possible. With Christmas trees in malls and artificial snow everywhere, an Englishman or American would feel as at home as possible.

Allah Hafiz

A look from you is as blinding as the sun
As stunning as your eyes I lose myself in
A look from you is as pure as the clear blue sky
When I'm with you
Every minute I'm not around you
I feel like I left something behind.
Every time I'm not looking at you
I feel like I am blind
~

"Sade Jism Ne Vakh Vich Is Duniya ,
Chalo Maniya Tahiyo Aeh Duriya Ne