1993 Bombay bombings - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

1993 Bombay bombings
Old 04-12-2010
jay999
Vewy Vewy Addictive!

jay999 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson? Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?

1993 Bombay bombings

The 1993 Bombay bombings were a series of 12 bomb explosions that took place in Mumbai, India, then known as Bombay, on 12 March 1993.

The single-day attacks resulted in 317 fatalities and 1,400 injuries.

The attacks were reported to be coordinated by Dawood Ibrahim,leader of the Mumbai-based international organized crime syndicate, D-Company.

Ibrahim was believed to have ordered and helped organize the bombings through his subordinates Tiger Memon and Yakub Memon.

The Supreme Court of India gave its judgement on 21 March 2013, after over 20 years of judicial proceedings, upholding the death sentence against suspected ringleader Yakub Memon while commuting the previous death sentences against 10 others to life in prison.

However, two of the main suspects in the case, Ibrahim and Tiger Memon, have not yet been arrested or tried.

After India's three-judge Supreme Court bench rejected his curative petition, saying the grounds raised by him do not fall within the principles laid down by the apex court in 2002,

Background
In December 1992 and January 1993, there was widespread rioting throughout the nation[16] following the Babri Masjid demolition in Ayodhya, where some of the most notable riots occurred in Mumbai. Five years after the December–January riots, the Srikrishna Commission report found that 900 individuals had died and over 2,000 had been injured.

Confession of Gul Mohammed
On 9 March 1993, three days before the bombings took place, a small-time criminal from the Behrampada slum in Northeast Mumbai named Gul Noor Mohammad Sheikh (a.k.a. Gullu) was detained at the Nav Pada police station. A participant in the communal riots that had rocked Mumbai the previous year, Gullu was also one of the 19 men handpicked by Tiger Memon, a silver smuggler and chief mastermind of the bombings, for training in the use of guns and bomb making.

Gullu had been sent to Pakistan via Dubai on 19 February 1993 and upon completion of his training returned to Mumbai on 4 March. In his absence the police had detained Gullu's brothers to encourage him to surrender, which he did. He confessed to his role in the riots, his training in Pakistan, and a conspiracy underway to bomb major locations around the city, including the Bombay Stock Exchange, Sahar International Airport and the Sena Bhavan. However, his conspiracy claim was dismissed by the police as "mere bluff".

The arrest of Gul Mohammed spurred Tiger Memon to advance the date of the bombings which had originally been planned to coincide with the Shiv Jayanti celebrations in April 1993.

At 1:30 p.m. on 12 March 1993, a powerful car bomb exploded in the basement of the Bombay Stock Exchange building. The 28-storey office building was severely damaged and many nearby office buildings also suffered damage. Reports indicate that 50 were killed by this explosion.[20] About 30 minutes later, another car bomb exploded in front of the Mandvi branch of Corporation Bank near Masjid. From 1:30 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. a total of 12 bombs exploded throughout Mumbai. Most of the bombs were car bombs but some were in scooters.

Three hotels – the Hotel Sea Rock, Hotel Juhu Centaur, and Hotel Airport Centaur – were targeted by suitcase bombs left in rooms booked by the perpetrators.

Banks, the regional passport office, the Air India Building, and a major shopping complex were also hit. Bombs exploded at Zaveri Bazaar and opposite it a jeep-bomb exploded at the Century Bazaar.

Grenades were thrown at Sahar International Airport and at Fishermen's Colony, apparently targeting certain citizens at the latter.[24] A double-decker bus was very badly damaged in the deadliest explosion, with as many as 90 people killed

5 Lastest Threads by jay999
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Modi’s Muslim remarks spark ‘hate speech’ Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 22-04-2024 15:11
Every time I read this is makes me laugh -... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 20-04-2024 18:28
Who the fuck is this cunt? Akhmed Yakoob running... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 08-04-2024 17:01
Lord Ram Mandir & BBC , Babri Mosque Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 17-02-2024 07:28
UN aid chief heads to West Asia to take forward... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 16-10-2023 19:25

Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar
Old 05-12-2010   #2
Music666
Slippery Fingers

Male
Music666 is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

has no status.
Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar

Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar (/ˌɪbrəˈhiːm/; born 26 December 1955) is a Mumbai underworld, criminal mobster and drug dealer most wanted by India with a reward of $25 million over his head, and has been wanted since 1994.

He is originally from Dongri in Mumbai, India.

He is currently believed to be residing in Pakistan, according to the Indian government, and heads the Indian organised crime syndicate D-Company which he founded in Mumbai in the 1970s.

Dawood is wanted on the charges of murder, extortion, targeted killing, drug trafficking, terrorism and various other cases. He was designated as a global terrorist in 2003 by India and the United States with a reward of US$25 million for his capture for his believed role in the 1993 Bombay bombings.

Wife: "In my dream, I saw you in a jewelry store and you bought me a diamond ring."

Husband: "I had the same dream and I saw your dad paying the bill."

Old 07-12-2010   #3
raju
Feeling High?

Male
raju is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 3
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

I'm so good at sleeping. I can do it with my eyes closed
Dutt was involved
aisa he suna tha...

"No philosophy, no religion, has ever brought so glad a message to the world as this good news of Atheism."

- Annie Besant