Backbiting - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Religion & Culture > Islam > The Science of Hadith
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Backbiting
Old 16-11-2010
Roohi
AMC Addict

Roohi will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
life is beautiful

Backbiting

Innalhamda lillahee, nahmaduhu wa nasta'eenuhu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na'oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa min sayyiaati a'maalinaa. Mainyah dihillaahu falaa mudillilahu, wa mainyudlil falaa haadiya lah.

("Alhumdulillah. Indeed, all praise is due to Allah. We praise Him and seek His Help and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from our souls' evils and our wrong doings. He whom Allah guides, no one can misguide; and he whom He misguides, no one can guide.")

Wa ashhadu anlaa ilaaha illalaahu, wahdahu laashareeka lahu, wa ash hadu anna muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh.
("I bear witness that there is no god except Allah- alone without any partners. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His 'abd (servant) and Messenger.")

BACKBITING

Backbiting & slandering is surely a topic which is always mentioned to people, but it never seems to amaze me how people still neglect this issue and are persistent on continuing such an evil sin. The aim of this article Insha’Allah is to make you aware of this sin, which we continue to commit every day, and also to Insha’Allah help us to stop backbiting. Allah says in the Qur’an: “O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is accepting of repentance and Merciful. (Surat Al-Hujarat 49:12)”.

So brothers and sisters isn’t it clear that Allah has ordered you not to backbite, yet we continue to do so. The reason being is because our understanding of Allah the all mighty is very little, this is why I insist Insha’Allah that we take it upon ourselves to connect with the book of Allah and to understand on the day of judgment we will be judged for our crimes; and we will be held in account for what our tongue was used for in this life.

(NOTE: Backbiting is a truthful statement that is said in the person’s absence and he would dislike having that said about him; were this statement to be false, it would be slandering!)

It was narrated in the hadith relating the incident of the Mi’raj (ascension) that: ‘The Prophet passed by a group of people with copper fingernails, with which they scratched their own faces and chests. Upon witnessing this he asked: “Who are they Jibril?” and he was told in response, “Those are the people who eat the flesh (backbiting) of other people and vilify their honour.”

Brothers and sisters please do not take this advice lightly, as this is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed time and time again. We will be punished for such sins, try and seek forgiveness from those you have backbitten as this is one of the conditions to receive forgiveness for backbiting, as well as from Allah the almighty. This is one of the sins from the major sins, it is not an issue to neglect, but rather an issue to reflect upon and see the damage you may cause from committing such a sin.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The great scholar, Imam al-Nawawi, said in book, al-Adhkar: ‘Mentioning about your brother something that he would dislike includes what concerns his body, his religious practice, his worldly station, his physical appearance, his moral character, his wealth, his parents, his children, his spouse, his servant, his clothing, his activities, his smiles and frowns and anything else that pertains to him. It does not matter if you mention it explicitly by word or implicitly by indication or a gesture.

Ways to cure yourself from such a disease is to admit your mistake, and return back to Allah in repentance and to also study the issue of backbiting is depth so you can really appreciate the reality of this sin; and Insha’Allah warn others of such a disease Insha’Allah. You should also keep in mind, the effect of backbiting will become apparent on you if you do not have good and righteous companionship, so make sure Insha’Allah you take these practical steps to avoid this evil crime and be firm upon the Qur’an and Sunnah.

My brothers and sisters this reminder goes for me first and foremost and I have intended nothing but to motivate my brothers and sisters in being dutiful to your lord, Insha’Allah may Allah make us of those who are obedient and make us of those of the highest level of jannah. Anything good I have said is from Allah, and anything bad I have said is from the whisperings of shaytaan and my shortcomings. JazakAllah Khair.

Subhaana rabbika rabbil'izzati 'ammaa yasifoon. Wasalaamul 'alal mursaleen. Walhamdu lillaahi rabbil 'aalameen.
("Glory be to your Lord, the Lord of Might above what they describe. And peace be upon those sent. And praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.") (Surah As-Saffat 37:180-182)

Subhanakallahumma wa bihamdika, ash hadu anlaa ilaaha illa anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilaik.
("How perfect You are O Allaah, and I praise You. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance")

By your brother in Islam, Musadiq Mughal.

A look from you is as blinding as the sun
As stunning as your eyes I lose myself in
A look from you is as pure as the clear blue sky
When I'm with you
Every minute I'm not around you
I feel like I left something behind.
Every time I'm not looking at you
I feel like I am blind
~

"Sade Jism Ne Vakh Vich Is Duniya ,
Chalo Maniya Tahiyo Aeh Duriya Ne
Par Milde Jad Appan Har Janam De Vich,