Islamic Prophecies On The Day Of Judgement - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Religion & Culture > Islam > Islamic Society
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Islamic Prophecies On The Day Of Judgement
Old 22-02-2006
*SuGaPuFF*
Kung Fu Poster

*SuGaPuFF* is on a distinguished road
has no status.
Lightbulb

Separating Fact from Superstition

The Qiyamah, Yawmul Deen, (which is also known as the Day of Judgment, Day of Gathering, Day of Meeting God, the Resurrection, and The Great Announcement), is a major theme (and promise), addressed not only in the Qur’an, but also in other religious Scriptures. Though opinions may differ on specifics, there is a more widely spread consensus, that it is connected to a time of momentous upheaval and calamity and, to The End of the World.

Another notion upon which many seem to agree, is that everyone would readily recognize that Day (for how could a momentous event such as this be anything but shaking everyone up to their full attention).

This is an attempt to examine what different verses in the Qur’an (and some hadith) tell us about Qiyamah. It is also a humble attempt to reconcile what might appear as, differing descriptions of the event (even to the point of contradiction at face value). This is because I believe that people should not allow themselves to pick and choose the verses that suit them, but rather, take the Qur’an in its entirety .

This is by no means, a scholarly or in depth study, but just some thoughts and comments, as well as questions which invite and welcome further discussions on the topic (assuming there is interest on the part of some readers).

Quoting the actual verses makes the article longer than originally intended, but for the benefit of the reader who is not very familiar with the verses, I think there is less interruption and distraction this way.

Signs and Descriptions

First we see some General Signs and Descriptions of the Day of Judgment, from which we may learn that: this event is inevitable, there is a set time for it (no delays), all people ( with maybe some exceptions?) would expire and then they would be brought back to life (the rise of the dead). We also learn that on the Day of Judgment, God would come with angles at His side, and we would be meeting Him, and judgment would be passed on each individual. We would also have warnings and announcements preceding it, and we learn that Jesus would be one of the Signs of the Hour :

Quote:
Qur'an 11:102-7 ...In that is a Sign for those who fear the penalty of the Hereafter: that is a Day for which mankind will be gathered together: that will be a Day of Testimony. Nor shall We delay it but for a term appointed. The day it arrives, no soul shall speak except by His leave: of those (gathered) some will be wretched and some will be blessed. Those who are wretched shall be in the Fire: There will be for them therein (nothing but) the heaving of sighs and sobs: They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: for thy Lord is the (sure) accomplisher of what He planneth.
Quote:
Qur'an 69:17 And the angels will be on the sides thereof, and eight will uphold the Throne of thy Lord that day, above them.
Quote:
Qur'an 50:20 And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given). And there will come forth every soul: with each will be an (angel) to drive, and an (angel) to bear witness.
Quote:
Qur'an 39:68-69 And there shall be a blast on the Trumpet, and all who are in the Heaven and all who are on the earth shall expire, save those whom God shall vouchsafe to live. Then shall there be another blast on it, and lo! arising they shall gaze around them: and the earth shall shine with the light of her Lord.

Quote:
Qur'an 7:30: He will return you (on the Day of Judgment) reverted back to when you were first created. A section guided, and a section will go astray.
Quote:
Qur'an 43:61 : And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment: therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.

5 Lastest Threads by *SuGaPuFF*
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post

Old 23-02-2006   #2
Cinderella
Explosive Brain

female
Cinderella is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryCinderella's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 4
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
has no status.
awww bless sugapuffjazakallah....u byn workin on this research or jus from knowledge

yeh its true as u sed no matter wot religion u believe in theres a day of resurection(cnt spell )
inshallah am workin on my knowledge of islam cuz i knw its guna b so useful on the day of qayamah

its scary wen u think abt it, but wen u realize its sumat u av 2 learn.
also on the day of judgement our prophet pbuh will be with us on 3 occasions crying and pleading to Allah(SAW) for our forgiviness:

1, at the scales wer our good deeds and bad deeds will be weighed and judged on

2,at the fountain wer one sip of its water can get us all the way 2 jannah without any problem, pain.

3,on the mountain wer all his ummah will cum for help and he will use his one and olni wish to protect us...

the reason why i avnt quoted the places, the fountain, is because this is me knowledge i av picked up from my islamic lessons dnt remember much need to luk thru all me research...and from the hadith which i dnt no the quotes 2...

iwill look thru and get bak 2 this inshallah.

g {YCinderellaY{ h
When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember four of his fingers are pointing at himself
gh
A man is already halfway in love, with any woman who listens to him
Got you half flippin like fire Come with me let me take you higher I'm the object of all your desire And your attention is all i require Im that dream in your head when your sleeping im that secret iside that youre keeping

Old 23-02-2006   #3
*SuGaPuFF*
Kung Fu Poster

female
*SuGaPuFF* is on a distinguished road
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
has no status.
i aint knowledgeable enough to know all this..mista kal gave me the file and i jus put it up

ill do a sep thread on day of judgement tho and can discuss the ins and outs of it there..been meanin to do it since ages but its too in depth and can be really intrusive so kinda been avoidin it lol but yeah its true its a part of every muslims faith and belief to believe in the day of judgement and the sooner you accept the reasons why youre here on this earth the better

Old 24-02-2006   #4
Cinderella
Explosive Brain

female
Cinderella is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryCinderella's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Received): 4
has no status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *SuGaPuFF*
i aint knowledgeable enough to know all this..mista kal gave me the file and i jus put it up

ill do a sep thread on day of judgement tho and can discuss the ins and outs of it there..been meanin to do it since ages but its too in depth and can be really intrusive so kinda been avoidin it lol but yeah its true its a part of every muslims faith and belief to believe in the day of judgement and the sooner you accept the reasons why youre here on this earth the better
coool....yeh sure...

g {YCinderellaY{ h
When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember four of his fingers are pointing at himself
gh
A man is already halfway in love, with any woman who listens to him
Got you half flippin like fire Come with me let me take you higher I'm the object of all your desire And your attention is all i require Im that dream in your head when your sleeping im that secret iside that youre keeping