Activism for hire? By ditching climate change for Sikh separatism, Greta Thunberg - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Activism for hire? By ditching climate change for Sikh separatism, Greta Thunberg
Old 08-02-2021
LostCause
AMC Addict

LostCause is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
In my experience there is no such thing as luck -Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Activism for hire? By ditching climate change for Sikh separatism, Greta Thunberg

Activism for hire? By ditching climate change for Sikh separatism, Greta Thunberg shows her naivety and erodes her credibility

Damian Wilson

is a UK journalist, ex-Fleet Street editor, financial industry consultant and political communications special advisor in the UK and EU.

Quote:
Straying wildly off-piste, teen activist Greta Thunberg has caused fury in India with her backing of a farmers’ protest with links to an independence campaign for Punjab. It’s clear she’s in serious need of some proper guidance.
It was inevitable that as soon as Greta Thunberg grew up, her role as the global teenage icon of climate change would lose some of its allure. The international circuit for her spiel is only so big, and once she’d done a few laps the interest starts to wane with no one left to berate.

For many who have spent time in the glare of international adulation, when that spotlight starts shifting away it’s then time to ask ‘what’s next?’.

Although it seems Greta’s found her ‘what’s next,’ maybe she should have been a little more discerning. Because she’s climbed the fence, crossed the field and stepped straight into a huge cowpat, by taking sides in a deeply divisive farmers’ protest currently creating a stir in India.

Farm workers have taken to the streets over government plans to attract much needed investment to the agriculture sector in the nation of nearly 1.4 billion people. They say they fear that encouraging private investment would leave them at risk of exploitation from large and foreign corporations.

While this is certainly a domestic issue for India to consider, the farmers have attracted attention from international busybodies looking to exploit the movement for their own ends.

Caught in the middle of this is the now 18-year-old Greta, who shared an online ‘protest toolkit’ along with the message, “I still #StandWithFarmers and support their peaceful protest. No amount of hate, threats or violations of human rights will ever change that. #FarmersProtest”

This ‘toolkit’ was put together by the Poetic Justice Foundation (PJF), a Canada-based Sikh organisation accused in India of links with separatist Khalistanis looking to create an independent homeland in Punjab. Not exactly top of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘to do’ list.

As it happens, some time back I had business with the PJF founder Mo Dhaliwal, a Sikh who also runs an online strategy company called Skyrocket. In my dealings with him, he was a courteous and clever operator. Apparently nothing has changed, although he’s certainly more controversial these days.

The project we were working on together – it was all about Brexit, rather than creating Sikh homelands – came to nothing, but clearly he’s found plenty to occupy his time. He has certainly been noticed in New Delhi, where police are considering charges of sedition and criminal conspiracy against the promoters of the PJF toolkit – such as Greta Thunberg – for its role in “a call to wage economic, social, cultural and regional war against India.”

PJF seems to be heading up the propaganda war for the farmers’ protests, obviously hoping the numbers will translate into support for the Khalistan campaign. At least that’s my guess.

And while the organisation coyly admits on its website that it is working on the farmers’ protests in India, it does seem to have hijacked part of the campaign and is coercing supporters into pushing its goal of Sikh independence with the help of celebrities in its orbit. Celebrities like Greta Thunberg and pop superstar Rihanna.

It’s one thing standing next to some dopey politician for a photo-op as he hopes a bit of your stardust might rub off on him, without really understanding his motives. It’s quite another to be co-opted into a national political battle way out of your comfort zone, where your name is used as an unqualified endorsement for one viewpoint and to have protesters marching down the street with huge banners bearing your image.enjoying the media spotlight and the impression they were making a difference –

All those adults who trailed around in Greta’s wake over the last few years – should step up, take her by the arm and give her the guidance she needs as she transitions from teenage trailblazer into a young adult with a need to be taken seriously.

Without this help, then the young climate activist’s future is looking shakier than one of those miserable polar bears on an ice floe.

We’ve all become used to having Greta Thunberg around. She gives us plenty to think about, even if we decide not to agree, but climate change is her gig... not Indian nationalism.

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RT.

It’s one thing standing next to some dopey politician for a photo-op as he hopes a bit of your stardust might rub off on him, without really understanding his motives. It’s quite another to be co-opted into a national political battle way out of your comfort zone, where your name is used as an unqualified endorsement for one viewpoint and to have protesters marching down the street with huge banners bearing your image.

All those adults who trailed around in Greta’s wake over the last few years – enjoying the media spotlight and the impression they were making a difference – should step up, take her by the arm and give her the guidance she needs as she transitions from teenage trailblazer into a young adult with a need to be taken seriously.

Without this help, then the young climate activist’s future is looking shakier than one of those miserable polar bears on an ice floe.

We’ve all become used to having Greta Thunberg around. She gives us plenty to think about, even if we decide not to agree, but climate change is her gig... not Indian nationalism.

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RT.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/514761-gret...rmers-protest/

“ I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

– Darth Vader

5 Lastest Threads by LostCause
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Footballer Mohamed Salah Calls For End to... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 19-10-2023 20:27
Mexico shows off 1,000-year-old 'alien corpses' Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 14-09-2023 02:01
Mexico: "Alien Corpses" Displayed at First... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 14-09-2023 01:53
Gravitas: Non-human 'Alien' corpses in Mexico Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 14-09-2023 01:48
India's lunar mission will seal its place among... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 24-08-2023 10:35

Old 10-02-2021   #2
jay999
Vewy Vewy Addictive!

jay999 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 17
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson? Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?
Khalistanis exposed!
Fuck their bullshit!
Time to expose!

Old 10-02-2021   #3
eesha01
Feeling High?

Female
eesha01 is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Countryeesha01's Flag is: United States
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 2
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
has no status.
I've uninstalled twitter and closed my account

Old 15-02-2021   #4
DeAth_St4r
Post Slayer

male
DeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the rough
My Mood:
CountryDeAth_St4r's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 166
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 12
hello
i knew she was fake haha