Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Can we be Good without believing in God?
View Single Post

Old 23-08-2012   #5
DeAth_St4r
Post Slayer

male
DeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the rough
My Mood:
CountryDeAth_St4r's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolophine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4rp_Sh00ter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolophine View Post

What about ''objective'' morality?

Dont you need to identify what regulates your moral duties. If humans adopted absolute principles, duties, obligations then is this not subjective?
How do we know what is actual ''objective goodness'.

So the system you have outlined above is like saying morals are parallel to human growth where we have a predetermined goal and our actions are right or wrong based on the consequence of that action. eg- you have pro-green activists some want to travel across the country to promote their campaigns
but whilst they do this they're polluting the air by aeroplane travel they're usinng so many methods which add up to more harm and go against their actual campaign ideas. yet they don't notice this? lols but in their eyes they are doing good deeds. it's just subjective the outcome of goodness.

therefore we can't identify every possible consequence of that action. That would be impossible and so in respect this just leads to us justifying bad actions both politically and socially on a wider scale.(( there are lots of examples of this in society already) laws fluctuate what may seem good to us right now may be bad in the future. Laws just change to fit a spacial time or a certain linguistic frame.

But what if there was a holy book to tell you already the ''objective good''? and moral LAW
and there was a system in place like that?

jeezuzzz !!
his off his hed!
dude wha yew taking??? haha
i dunt knw if systems like that exists for objectiv good..
caveman that lived in caves they used to be scared of lighting..
for most these dudes lighting was gods wrath of revengence
a high being ready to punish them
well obviously cavemen were a bunch of nonces who had no idea of what god is...living in fear of lighting makes them do things morally good

an there is no god!
your simian brain will not understand lol. you don't know if systems like that exist? wow ofcourse because you worship your TV GOD and the almighty google god where you posted your article from.

can you produce anything from your own anthropoid of a brain? instead of copy and paste skills.

are you waiting for me to whisper esoteric knowledge in your manpanzee ears.

only system you know about is your omnibenevolent government that teaches you to become a slave , why are you rabbling on about cave men? pft

wtfff

why yew hating on me yew nonce!
cavemen did not need a god
get the point?