Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Is gelatine haraam?
View Single Post

Old 22-11-2007   #15
Original Sistah
Still Learning

female
Original Sistah is on a distinguished road
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

has no status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w ά ŧ έ υ έ я
WAT DO U MAKE OV THAT?

go down the shops n buy sum haribo n drumsticks i say! lol
salaams sis... firstly, I think I should say that it is imperative that you do NOT take on everything you hear about Islam blindly, even if a scholar/imam says it, it doesn't matter, how do you know that that scholar/imam is legit? Also, we are encouraged in Islam not to follow blindly, because everything in islam has reason and logic behind it, it is not just a way of life for the sake of it

Halal meat is what Muslims MUST have, all blood must be drained from the carcass, and itmust be slaughtered in the halal manner, otherwise it becomes haraam. As for the soap, we are not eating it, we are putting it on our body - and then washing it off, another example is perfume - you may not want alcohol perfume on you - that's understandable, but the alcohol in perfume actually burns off when it comes in contact with your skin. The point of not having alcohol is because of the effects of intoxication

'Another proof from the Sunnah: The Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) forbade making vinegar out of wine, but he said that if you should come across vinegar that has been made from wine then it is halaal. '

How can it be halal when it's from WINE?! wine is alcohol right, or am I missing something here? and erm where's the authentication... I could make up a hadith right here lol

Also, quotes from the qur'an are nice, but can definitely be misinterpreted. AND some sites online provide their own quotes if you know what I'm saying..

gelatine is gelatine - haraam, which is why there's such a thing called halal gelatine LOL

I'll finish by saying we must be VERY careful on what we call halal, when it is clearly haraam, if everything was allowed... why have halal////haraam in the first place? I think that salafi post was just looking for excuses on eating..

Remember... if you read something you don't think is right, QUESTION it, it may not be right, Islam has a reason for everything!

Original Sistah