Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Analysis of Matsya Avatar & Noahs Ark 4,000 years ago
View Single Post

Old 13-12-2020   #15
Neha.Kulkarni
Wild Poster

Female
Neha.Kulkarni has a spectacular aura aboutNeha.Kulkarni has a spectacular aura about
View Member's Youtube Channel View Member's Blogger
My Mood:
CountryNeha.Kulkarni's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Star Sign: Star Sign
The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTee1985 View Post
Hardly makes any sense

How did domestic cats and dogs evolve within a time span of 5,000 years?
Here is a copy of my notes

i have read a Christian apologist book, where they explain that not every specie was required...For example, cats are descendants from lions , tigers...so their theory is, they took the primary source, which later evolved over time.. LoL.., now we know, that majority of species have evolved, mutaed over 1,000s of years to be what they are today...where as the floods happen 4,000 years ago..So a house cat evolving from a lion would not be possible in 3,000 years (38 species of cats on the planet)
I have a copy of the book, I will take a picture and upload it

Quote:
The pantherlike ancestor to the cat family first appeared in Southeast Asia, about 10.8 million years ago. Prior to the use of DNA studies in cats, it was difficult to trace the Felidae family history, because feline fossils are rare, and difficult to tell apart.

In 1997, Warren E. Johnson and Stephen J. O’Brien performed DNA analyses of 37 living cat species, which allowed them to divide today’s cats into 8 lineages.

The great roaring cats (lions, leopards, jaguars, tigers) were the first to branch off, about 6.4 million years ago. The ancestor of modern domestic cats was the last to appear, about 3.4 million years ago. A small wildcat species was first domesticated in the Near East 8,000 to 10,000 years ago.

As sea levels rose and fell, cats migrated to new continents and developed new species. It is estimated that cats migrated to North America from Asia across the Bering land bridge connecting Siberia and Alaska about 9 million years ago. Later, several American cat lineages returned to Asia. With each migration, the cats evolved further and changed into an ever-growing array of sizes and types of felines. Based on the DNA and fossil evidence, the Johnnson-O’Brien team was able to demonstrate a series of at least 10 intercontinental migrations of cats over the past 10 million years, in which cat were able to colonize the world.

Written by Tiffany Lennox, DVM

References:
Scientific American 297, 68-75 (2007)
https://www.killarneycat.com/the-evo...%20years%20ago.