What are your thoughts on Rishi Sunak as PM & Media portryal? - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

What are your thoughts on Rishi Sunak as PM & Media portryal?
Old 30-12-2022
LostCause
AMC Addict

LostCause is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
In my experience there is no such thing as luck -Obi-Wan Kenobi.

What are your thoughts on Rishi Sunak as PM & Media portryal?

Be very honest

From the liberal BBC source:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63345272
Quote:

He won after running for the second time this year

He lost to Liz Truss in September, but she resigned six weeks later. In the latest leadership contest, Mr Sunak racked up the support of his fellow MPs early, and fast. He crossed the 100 nominations he needed long before the deadline - including from MPs that had previously backed Truss or Boris Johnson.

He 'predicted' financial problems under Truss
He clashed with the former PM during the previous leadership race, claiming her plan to borrow money during an inflation crisis was a "fairytale" that would plunge the economy into chaos.

He is the son of immigrants
His parents came to the UK from east Africa and are both of Indian origin. Mr Sunak was born in Southampton in 1980, where his father was a GP and his mother ran a pharmacy. He went to the boarding school Winchester College, then studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Oxford, and business at Stanford in America. He is now the first British Asian prime minister.

He's only been an MP for seven years
Mr Sunak was first elected as an MP in 2015 - for Richmond in north Yorkshire - but rose quickly, and was made finance minister - or chancellor - in February 2020 under Boris Johnson.

He was in charge of Covid support cash

As Mr Johnson's chancellor, Mr Sunak was behind the financial aid during lockdowns - including furlough payments and the "Eat Out to Help Out" scheme for restaurants.

He's thought to be one of the richest MPs
His wife is Akshata Murty, the daughter of Indian billionaire Narayana Murthy. Mr Sunak himself has worked for investment bank Goldman Sachs and at two hedge funds. The Sunday Times Rich List estimates the couple's fortune to be worth about £730m. They have two daughters.

He faced controversy over his wife's tax arrangements
Over the summer, it emerged Akshata Murthy paid no UK tax on big earnings abroad - which is legal. Mr Sunak defended his wife saying, "to smear my wife to get at me is awful" - but eventually she agreed to start paying extra taxes. We also found out he temporarily had a US green card, allowing him to live permanently in America while he was the UK's chancellor.

He campaigned for Brexit and deregulation
"Free ports" are one of his long-time favourite ideas: areas near ports or airports where goods can be imported and exported without paying taxes, to encourage trade.

He really wanted to be... a Jedi
In 2016, he told a group of schoolchildren that he originally wanted to be a Jedi Knight when he grew up. His favourite Star Wars film is The Empire Strikes Back.

“ I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

– Darth Vader

5 Lastest Threads by LostCause
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Footballer Mohamed Salah Calls For End to... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 19-10-2023 20:27
Mexico shows off 1,000-year-old 'alien corpses' Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 14-09-2023 02:01
Mexico: "Alien Corpses" Displayed at First... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 14-09-2023 01:53
Gravitas: Non-human 'Alien' corpses in Mexico Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 14-09-2023 01:48
India's lunar mission will seal its place among... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing LostCause 0 1 24-08-2023 10:35

Old 30-12-2022   #2
jay999
Vewy Vewy Addictive!

jay999 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 41
Likes (Received): 17
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson? Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?
Its good to see a Indian PM..This creates history..but its gotta be said, he was NOT elected and wormed his way through the backdoor...Now it remains to be seen if he does the goals outlined. If he does, then he can create history as one of the best PMs for the public , if he flops he will be nothing but a dissapointment.

Legacy matters!

Old 31-12-2022   #3
---RuFfEdGe---
Wild Poster

Female
---RuFfEdGe--- is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Country---RuFfEdGe---'s Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 20
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Given): 2

Star Sign: Star Sign
Do you feel sad?

Yep, I agree, if he was voted in by the public..Then we could celebrate and feel proud..This feels like he cheated the system, crawled out from nowhere after Boris had to step aside.

Something else that irritates me is, they mention he is Indian but not a Hindu.
When Sadiq Khan became Mayor, they said things like "First Pakistani Muslim mayor"

But notice how everywhere, they only use the term "Indian" for Sunak and less of the word "Hindu"

or they use the phrase "first ASIAN PM"

When Indians do well, its "Asians" but when Pakistani's do well, its "Muslims"

Same with Sikhs

Old 10-01-2023   #4
B34VER
In Post Rehab

Male
B34VER is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryB34VER's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Given): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
Chew your brain
The main issue for him to deal with is Immigration (stop the boats), cost of living and NHS issues..
Mass majoirty voted to keep Labour out and to deleliver Brexit.
Then Covid happen, none of the previous issues have been fully dealt with, Sunak has his work cut out. I wish him good luck and yes I am glad he has become PM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...et-brexit-done

Quote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 17.21 GMT

Britain’s prime minister, Boris Johnson, secured a crushing victory in the UK’s general election as voters backed his promise to “get Brexit done” and take the country out of the European Union by 31 January next year.

Johnson’s Conservatives captured 364 of the 650 seats in the House of Commons with all bar one seat counted, a comfortable majority of 74 and the party’s best showing in a parliamentary election since Margaret Thatcher triumphed in 1987.

He addressed the nation just after 7am in London, saying Brexit was now the “irrefutable, irresistible, unarguable decision of the British people” and promising those who lent their vote to the Tories in traditional Labour areas: “I will not let you down.”