What are your thoughts on the Quran being burnt? - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Religion & Culture > Comparative Studies in: Society, History & Religion
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

What are your thoughts on the Quran being burnt?
Old 28-08-2012
SexiiHijabii
Wild Poster

SexiiHijabii has a spectacular aura aboutSexiiHijabii has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:
...Because i'm worth it x

What are your thoughts on the Quran being burnt?

I'm still new here, so be verrrrrrrrrrry honest okay?

Here are some links:

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Glob...rage-and-alarm
Quote:
Why the planned Koran burning causes outrage and alarm
To devout Muslims, the Sept. 11 Koran burning proposed by the Florida preacher Terry Jones is akin to burning the word of God. Muslim leaders and US military and civilian officials have asked Jones to reconsider his plan.

The Rev. Terry Jones, pastor of a small evangelical Christian church in Gainesville, Fla., has a legal right to burn the Koran. But understanding why this act, planned for Sept. 11, is so inflammatory, means understanding the special reverence with which devout Muslims view the Koran.

Muslims see it as the uninterrupted, unchangeable, and eternal word of God. Burning the Koran is akin to directly burning the word of God.

What’s more, Reverend Jones’s planned burning of the Muslim holy book is set for the day after the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting meant to commemorate the time in 610 when Muslims believe the angel Gabriel – the same Gabriel that appears to Daniel in the Old Testament – first appeared to the prophet Muhammad and began "revealing" the Koran to him.

And this one:

https://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/a...ewsweek.quran/
Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Newsweek magazine backed away Sunday from a report that U.S. interrogators desecrated copies of the Quran while questioning prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay naval base -- an account blamed for sparking violent riots in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

At least 15 people were killed and dozens injured last week when thousands of demonstrators marched in Afghanistan and other parts of the Muslim world, officials and eyewitnesses said.

"We regret that we got any part of our story wrong, and extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the U.S. soldiers caught in its midst," Newsweek Editor Mark Whitaker wrote in the magazine's May 23 issue, out Sunday.

In an article assessing its coverage, the magazine wrote, "How did Newsweek get its facts wrong? And how did the story feed into serious international unrest?"

The Pentagon said last week it was unable to corroborate any case in which interrogators at the U.S. Naval Station in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, defiled the Muslim holy book, as Newsweek reported in its May 9 issue.

"Top administration officials have promised to continue looking into the charges, and so will we," Whitaker said.

Pentagon spokesman Larry DiRita blamed Newsweek's report for the violent protests that broke out in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, Pakistan and other Muslim countries.

"People are dying. They are burning American flags. Our forces are in danger," he told CNN.

Newsweek said anger over the story spread after it was cited at a May 6 press conference in Islamabad, Pakistan, by Imran Khan, a Pakistani cricket legend and a critic of Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf.

In the story, the magazine cited sources as saying investigators looking into abuses at the military prison found interrogators "had placed Qurans on toilets, and in at least one case flushed a holy book down the toilet."

"Desecrating the Quran is a death-penalty offense" in Afghanistan and neighboring Pakistan, said Peter Bergen, a CNN terrorism analyst.

"There is clearly a lot of anti-American sentiment in Pakistan, less so in Afghanistan, but I think that this will feed into it," Bergen said.

Newsweek's Washington bureau chief, Dan Klaidman, said the apparent error was "terribly unfortunate," and he offered the magazine's sympathies to the victims.
Attached Images

~ x Sorry i wasn't born pretty x ~

5 Lastest Threads by SexiiHijabii
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Hijabi by Mona Haydar (Wrap my Hijab) Topics & Posts For Public Viewing SexiiHijabii 0 1 24-04-2017 04:25

Old 25-09-2012   #2
DeAth_St4r
Post Slayer

male
DeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the rough
My Mood:
CountryDeAth_St4r's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 166
Thanks (Received): 90
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 231
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 12
hello
it's a book, i dunt care

Old 28-09-2012   #3
SexiiHijabii
Wild Poster

female
SexiiHijabii has a spectacular aura aboutSexiiHijabii has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:
CountrySexiiHijabii's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 92
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 138
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAth_St4r View Post
it's a book, i dunt care
so you fink its ok?
be honest!

Old 14-11-2012   #4
B34VER
In Post Rehab

Male
B34VER is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryB34VER's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Received): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
Chew your brain
if you buy and own the book..

You can do whatever you like to it

If i bought a comic book and then burnt it in my house. how does that concern anyone?

If I bought a Quran, Bhagavad Gita or Bible and I decided to burn them on the bonfire, how does that concern anyone?

Old 06-01-2013   #5
Neha.Kulkarni
Wild Poster

Female
Neha.Kulkarni has a spectacular aura aboutNeha.Kulkarni has a spectacular aura about
View Member's Youtube Channel View Member's Blogger
My Mood:
CountryNeha.Kulkarni's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 70
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 55

The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong
Dont hate me for saying this......burrrrrrrrrrrt

Islam has been destroying and hating non Muslims for centuries

I mean look at all the Hindu temples destroyed by invaders and all those idols smashed??

Even the Quran hatez us...I am not saying we should burn the Q'uran, but if you expect me to defend a book which hatez me
My head will spin I'm sorry if that sounds horrible but its the truth.

Old 01-03-2013   #6
DeAth_St4r
Post Slayer

male
DeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the roughDeAth_St4r is a jewel in the rough
My Mood:
CountryDeAth_St4r's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 166
Thanks (Received): 90
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 231
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 12
hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34VER View Post
if you buy and own the book..

You can do whatever you like to it

If i bought a comic book and then burnt it in my house. how does that concern anyone?

If I bought a Quran, Bhagavad Gita or Bible and I decided to burn them on the bonfire, how does that concern anyone?
Bang on!

if yew own it, yew can do whatever the fuck you want

Old 03-03-2013   #7
SexiiHijabii
Wild Poster

female
My Mood:
CountrySexiiHijabii's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 92
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 138
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neha.Kulkarni View Post
Dont hate me for saying this......burrrrrrrrrrrt

Islam has been destroying and hating non Muslims for centuries

I mean look at all the Hindu temples destroyed by invaders and all those idols smashed??

Even the Quran hatez us...I am not saying we should burn the Q'uran, but if you expect me to defend a book which hatez me
My head will spin I'm sorry if that sounds horrible but its the truth.

Islam never attacked Hindus.

Islam means peace

Old 16-04-2013   #8
Fozia4life
Slippery Fingers

Female
Fozia4life is on a distinguished road
View Member's Youtube Channel
My Mood:
CountryFozia4life's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 1

Zindagi ko agar gulzaar banana chahten hai to zamane se shikayat karna chhor den
Can we just get on without the political drama?
it only causes hate...Why live in the past?
He did that, they did this...I get fed up of reading about it