Why not beat Pakistan and make sure they don't qualify for World Cup semis: Gavaskar - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Why not beat Pakistan and make sure they don't qualify for World Cup semis: Gavaskar
Old 23-02-2019
raajveer
Kung Fu Poster

raajveer will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
has no status.

Why not beat Pakistan and make sure they don't qualify for World Cup semis: Gavaskar

Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar has said India's speculated attempt to ban Pakistan from playing the 2019 Cricket World Cup may not work. According to media reports, India may move the International Cricket Council (ICC) to stop Pakistan from featuring in the 10-team tournament after Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility for a ghastly terror attack in Pulwama that left 40 Indian CRPF soldiers dead.
While several cricketers, including Harbhajan Singh, have called on India to boycott the World Cup match vs Pakistan scheduled for June 16, Gavaskar insisted India can try and beat Pakistan and deny them two crucial points.
"They can try but it will not happen. It will not happen because the other member countries have to accept that. I can't see other member countries accepting that. India can go ahead and try do that [stop Pakistan playing the World Cup]," Gavaskar told India Today.

"The right forum is at the United Nations. I am not too sure the International Cricket Conference is the right forum to bring this up. We are all down with the tragedy. I am not too sure it will work because the other countries might say it's an internal issue between two countries so please don't involve us," he said.
Gavaskar added: "Politics was never away from the sport. I am not talking about direct politics. I am with the country. Whatever the country decides, whatever the government decides, I am totally behind it. Not playing them will hurt us, because it's a World Cup. We lose two points, Pakistan will get those two points."

February 21, 2019

5 Lastest Threads by raajveer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Australia: 6 Killed including Suspect in Brutal... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 13-04-2024 13:15
Amid Iran Threat IDF Strikes Gaza As Hezbollah... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 13-04-2024 13:13
Bottles & Trash Hurled At Police Dispersing... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 1 2 11-04-2024 21:47
Satya Santana Ankur Arya Dhirendra Shastri Jail Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 1 2 10-04-2024 19:37
Kangana Ranaut's Scathing Mockery of Rahul Gandhi... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 04-04-2024 05:29