Hinduism & Islam: Similarities and Differences - Page 2 - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Religion & Culture > Comparative Studies in: Society, History & Religion
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Hinduism & Islam: Similarities and Differences

Old 26-01-2009
KALKI
RHTDM

KALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant future
My Mood:
:|

Hinduism & Islam: Similarities and Differences

THIS POST IS A CONTINUATION FROM: The difference between Hinduism and Islam?

THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST IS NOT TO ATTACK EACH OTHER BUT TO LOOK WITHIN YOUR OWN BOOKS:

HINDUISM HAS PLENTY OF UNEXPLAINED INSTANCES WHICH DEFY LOGIC

... THE KORAN / ISLAM ALSO CONTAINS UNEXPLAINABLE EVENTS..

BELOW ARE SOME EXAMPLES...

1) ISLAM: CAMEL URINE:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8342...ng-camel-urine

The hadeeth referred to by the questioner is a saheeh hadeeth, in which it says that some people came to Madeenah and fell sick. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told them to drink the milk and urine of camels, and they recovered and grew fat. In the story it also says that they apostatized and killed the camel-herder, then the Muslims caught them and executed them. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2855) and Muslim (1671).

With regard to the health benefits of drinking the milk and urine of camels, they are many, and they are well known to the earlier generations of medical science and they have been proven by modern scientific research.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

The author of al-Qanoon (the Canon) – i.e. the doctor Ibn Seena (Avicenna) – said:

The most beneficial of urine is the urine of Bedouin camels which are called najeeb.

Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/47, 48).

In the Emirati newspaper al-Ittihaad (issue no. 11172, Sunday 6 Muharram 1427 AH/5 February 2006) it says:

One of the most important things for which camels are raised is their milk, which is efficacious in treating many illnesses, including hepatitis, and the digestive system in general, various types of cancer and other diseases.

In an article by Dr Ahlaam al-‘Awadi, which was published in al-Da’wah magazine, issue no. 1938, 25 Safar 1425 AH/15 April 2004 CE, about the diseases which can be treated with camel’s milk, as proven by experience, it says that there are many benefits in camel’s milk. There follows some of what was said in the article by Dr. Ahlaam:

Camel’s urine is efficacious in the treatment of skin diseases such as ringworm, tinea and abscesses, sores that may appear on the body and hair, and dry and wet ulcers. Camel’s urine brings the secondary benefits of making the hair lustrous and thick, and removing dandruff from the scalp. Camel’s milk is also beneficial in treating hepatitis, even if it has reached an advanced stage where medicine is unable to treat it.

In the al-Jazeerah al-Sa’oodiyyah newspaper (issue no. 10132, Rabee’ al-Awwal 1421 AH) there is a quotation from the book Al-Ibl Asraar wa i’jaaz (The camel: secrets and wonders) by Darmaan ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal Darmaan and Sanad ibn Mutlaq al-Subay’i:

As for camel’s urine, the book suggests that it has numerous uses which are beneficial for man. This is indicated by the Prophetic texts and confirmed by modern science … Scientific experiments have proven that camel’s urine has a lethal effect on the germs that cause many diseases.

Among the uses of camel’s urine, many women use it to wash their hair, to make it longer, and to make it lighter and more lustrous. Camel’s urine is also efficacious in the treatment of swelling of the liver and other diseases such as abscesses, sores that appear on the body and toothache, and for washing eyes. End quote.

Prof. Dr. ‘Abd al-Fattaah Mahmoud Idrees says: With regard to the benefits of camel’s urine in treating disease, Ibn Seena said in his Qanoon: The most beneficial of urine is the urine of the Bedouin camels known as najeeb. Camel’s urine is beneficial in treating al-hazaaz, and it was said that al-hazzaz is a pain in the heart caused by anger and so on. Camel’s urine, especially the urine of a young she-camel – is used as a cleansing substance to wash wounds and sores, to make the hair grow, to strengthen and thicken it and to prevent it falling out, and it is used to treat diseases of the scalp and dandruff.

https://www.memri.org/tv/moroccan-on...ct-urine-urine

HINDUISM:

Gomutra or Sufian (Sanskrit: गोमूत्र gomūtra; cow urine) is urine from cows used for therapeutic purposes in ancient Ayurvedic medicine. Urine of a pregnant cow is considered special; it is claimed to contain special hormones and minerals.

SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM, MENTIONS THE IMPORTANCE OF COWS:

"The land became a person and collected all the drugs and herbs needed for installing the Deity. The cows delivered five products, namely milk, yogurt, ghee, urine and cow dung, and spring personified collected everything produced in spring, during the months of Caitra and Vaiśākha [April and May]."
https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/8/11

Sanskrit:

ābhiṣecanikā bhūmir
 āharat sakalauṣadhīḥ
gāvaḥ pańca pavitrāṇi
 vasanto madhu-mādhavau

2) ISLAM: BURAQ (Flying winged creature)

"Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

https://quran.com/17/1

Masjid Al-Aqsa
:
Quote:
located in the Old City of Jerusalem, is the third holiest site in Islam. The mosque was built on top of the Temple Mount, known as Haram esh-Sharif in Islam. Muslims believe that Muhammad was transported from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca to al-Aqsa during the Night Journey. Islamic tradition holds that Muhammad led prayers towards this site until the 17th month after his migration from Mecca to Medina, when Allāh directed him to turn towards the Kaaba in Mecca.

The covered mosque building was originally a small prayer house erected by Umar, the second caliph of the Rashidun Caliphate, but was rebuilt and expanded by the Umayyad caliph Abd al-Malik and finished by his son al-Walid in 705 CE. The mosque was completely destroyed by an earthquake in 746 and rebuilt by the Abbasid caliph al-Mansur in 754. It was rebuilt again in 780. Another earthquake destroyed most of al-Aqsa in 1033, but two years later the Fatimid caliph Ali az-Zahir built another mosque whose outline is preserved in the current structure. The mosaics on the arch at the qibla end of the nave also go back to his time.

according to Hadith reports, Gabriel took the Prophet at night from the Ka'bah to the mosque in Jerusalem on a buraq.* On reaching Jerusalem the Prophet along with other Prophets offered Prayers. (Al-Nasa'i, Sunan, K. al-Salah, 'Bab Fard al-Salah wa Dhikr Ikhtilaf al-Naqilin...' -Ed.) Gabriel then took him to the heavens and the Prophet met several great Prophets in different heavenly spheres. (See al-Nasa'i, Sunan, K. al-Salah, 'Bab Fard al-Salah' - Ed.) Finally, he reached the highest point in the heavens and was graced with an experience of the Divine Presence. On that occasion the Prophet received a number of directives including that Prayers were obligatory five times a day. (Al-Bukhari, K. Manaqib al -Ansar, 'Bab al-Mi'raj ; K. al-Tawhid, 'Bab Kallama Musa Taklima' - Ed.) Thereafter, the Prophet returned from the heavens to Jerusalem, and from there to the Holy Mosque in Makka. Numerous reports on the subject reveal that the Prophet was also enabled on this occasion to observe Heaven and Hell. (Al-Bukhari, K. al_Salah, 'Bab Kayfa Furidat al-Salah fi al-Isra' and Ibn Hisham, Sirah, vol. I, p. 404 - Ed.)

HINDUISM:

Kamadhenu is a Gou Mata also known as Surabhi (सुरभि, Surabhī), is a divine bovine-goddess described in Hinduism as the mother of all cows. Kamadhneu is also known as a Gayatri and worshipped as a heavenly cow. She is generally depicted as a white cow with a female head and breasts, the wings of a bird.

KAMADHENU ALSO KNOWN AS SURABHI, MENTIONED IN THE BHAGAVAD GITA...
KRISHNA DESCRIBES HIMSELF IN ALL BEINGS:

"Of weapons I am the thunderbolt; among cows I am the surabhi, givers of abundant milk. Of procreators I am Kandarpa, the god of love, and of serpents I am Vasuki, the chief."

https://asitis.com/10/28.html

Sanskrit:

ayudhanam aham vajram
dhenunam asmi kamadhuk
prajanas casmi kandarpah
sarpanam asmi vasukih

PURPORT

The thunderbolt, indeed a mighty weapon, represents Krsna's power. In Krsnaloka in the spiritual sky there are cows which can be milked at any time, and they give as much milk as one likes. Of course such cows do not exist in this material world, but there is mention of them in Krsnaloka. The Lord keeps many such cows, which are called surabhi. It is stated that the Lord is engaged in herding the surabhi cows. Kandarpa is the sex desire for presenting good sons; therefore Kandarpa is the representative of Krsna. Sometimes sex is engaged in only for sense gratification; such sex does not represent Krsna. But sex for the generation of good children is called Kandarpa and represents Krsna.

3) ISLAM: HOOPOE (talking birds)

"And he took attendance of the birds and said, "Why do I not see the hoopoe - or is he among the absent?"
https://quran.com/27/20

"But the hoopoe stayed not long and said, "I have encompassed [in knowledge] that which you have not encompassed, and I have come to you from Sheba with certain news."

https://quran.com/27/22

HINDUISM:

TALKING BIRDS ARE NOTHING NEW IN HINDUISM...

The Garuda is a legendary bird or bird-like creature in Hinduism. He is variously the vehicle mount (vahana) of the Hindu god Vishnu.

SRIMAD BHAGAVTAM MENTIONS GARUDA:

Sanskrit:

kāśiṣṇunā kanaka-varṇa-vibhūṣaṇena
 bhrājat-kapola-vadano vilasat-kirīṭaḥ
aṣṭāyudhair anucarair munibhiḥ surendrair
 āsevito garuḍa-kinnara-gīta-kīrtiḥ

"The Lord’s face was very beautiful, and His head was decorated with a shining helmet and golden ornaments. The helmet was dazzling and was very beautifully situated on His head. The Lord had eight arms, which each held a particular weapon. The Lord was surrounded by demigods, great sages and other associates. These were all engaged in His service. Garuḍa, the carrier of the Lord, glorified the Lord with Vedic hymns by flapping his wings. Garuḍa appeared to be an inhabitant of the planet known as Kinnaraloka."
https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/4/30/6

YOU ALSO HAVE:

Jatayu (Sanskrit: जटायू Jaṭāyū) is a divine bird and the younger son of Aruṇa. His brother, Sampati, is a demi-god who has the form of a vulture and was an old friend of Dasharatha (Rama's father).

SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM:

"Lord Rāmacandra, whose lotus feet are worshiped by Lord Brahmā and Lord Śiva, had assumed the form of a human being. Thus He performed the funeral ceremony of Jaṭāyu, who was killed by Rāvaṇa. The Lord then killed the demon named Kabandha, and after making friends with the monkey chiefs, killing Vāli and arranging for the deliverance of mother Sītā, He went to the beach of the ocean."
https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/9/10/12

Sanskrit:

dagdhvātma-kṛtya-hata-kṛtyam ahan kabandhaṁ
 sakhyaṁ vidhāya kapibhir dayitā-gatiṁ taiḥ
buddhvātha vālini hate plavagendra-sainyair
 velām agāt sa manujo ’ja-bhavārcitāṅghriḥ

4) ISLAM: MUMBLING CALF STATUE/IDOL

"And he extracted for them [the statue of] a calf which had a lowing sound, and they said, "This is your god and the god of Moses, but he forgot.
Did they not see that it could not return to them any speech and that it did not possess for them any harm or benefit?
And Aaron had already told them before [the return of Moses], "O my people, you are only being tested by it, and indeed, your Lord is the Most Merciful, so follow me and obey my order.
They said, "We will never cease being devoted to the calf until Moses returns to us."

https://quran.com/20/88-91

HINDUISM:

"While herding the very beautiful bulls, the Lord, who was the reservoir of all opulence and fortune, used to blow His flute, and thus He enlivened His faithful followers, the cowherd boys."

https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/3/2/29

Sanskrit:

sa eva go-dhanaṁ lakṣmyā
 niketaṁ sita-go-vṛṣam
cārayann anugān gopān
 raṇad-veṇur arīramat

5) ISLAM: TALKING ANTS

"Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."
https://quran.com/27/18

HINDUISM:

SRIMAND BHAGAVATAM MENTIONS THE TALKING FISH "MATSYA"

"With an appealing voice, the poor small fish said to King Satyavrata, who was very merciful: My dear King, protector of the poor, why are you throwing Me in the water of the river, where there are other aquatics who can kill Me? I am very much afraid of them."

https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/24/14

Sanskrit:

tam āha sātikaruṇaṁ
 mahā-kāruṇikaṁ nṛpam
yādobhyo jńāti-ghātibhyo
 dīnāṁ māṁ dīna-vatsala
kathaṁ visṛjase rājan
 bhītām asmin sarij-jale

Yaad Kuch Aata Nahin, Yeh Hua Kab Se...Ho Gaya Mushkil Chhupaana Raaz Yeh Sab Se...Tum Kaho To Maang Loon Main Aaj Kuch Rab Se Rabba mere rabba rabba, rabba mere rabba,Is pyaar ko main kya naam doon Roshni se bhare bhare..Bhare bhare naina tere..Chhooke bole na chhoona mujhe Suraj hua maddham, chaand jalne laga..Aasmaan yeh haai kyoon pighalne laga..Main thehra raha, zameen chalne lagi.. Bheeghi Bheeghi Raaton Mein, Phir Tum Aao Na...Asi Barsaton Mein Aao Na.. Humko Humise Chura Lo, Dil Mein Kahin Tum Chhupa Lo,Hum Akele Kho Naa Jaaye, Door Tumse Ho Naa Jaaye,Paas Aao Gale Se Lagaa Lo Toota Toota ek parinda...Jo bhi kaal hua kal bhi phir aayaga Hai...Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe..Ho gaya hai kaisa yeh kamaal kya kahe Ruka Ja, Oh Jaana Wali Ruka Ja...Nazara Mein To Tera Bhura Sa Sahi..Adami Mein Bhura Nahi Dil Ka Aja Re, Aja Re Oh Mere Dilbar Aja..Dil Ki Pyaas Buja Ja Re...Oh Noorie kabhie kabhie mere dil mein khayaal aata hai...ke jaise tujh ko banaya gaya hai mere liye..ke jaise tujh ko banaya gaya haiKitna bechain hoke tumse mila...Tumko kya tha khabar tha main kitna akela ..Ke kitna mohabbat hai tumse...Hai...Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe..Ho gaya hai kaisa yeh kamaal kya kaheTujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam..Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam..Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam.Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam..Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam.Ab ahan se kahan jaaye hum..Teri bahon mein mar jaaye hum Aksar is duniya mein anjaane milte hain,Anjaani raahon mein milke kho jaate hain,Lekin hamesha voh yaad aate hain Na kajre ki dhaar, na motiyon ke haar,Na koi kiya singaar phir bhi kitni sundar ho,Tum kitni sundar ho Na jaane mere dil ko kya ho gaya..Abhi to yahin tha, abhi kho gaya..Ho gaya hai tujhko to pyaar sajna..Lakh kar le tu inkaar sajna..Dildaar sajna, hai yeh pyaar sajna

Dil Dooba Dil Dooba...Neela Akho Mein Yeh Dil Dooba.. Neela Neela Amber Per Chand Jab Aye...Aisa Koi Saathi Ho ..Aisa Koi Premi Hoi Jaanam Dekh Lo Mit Gayeen Dooriyaan..Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan...Kaisi Sarhadein...Kaisi Majbooriyaan..Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan...Tum Chhupaa Na Sakogi Main Vo Raaz Hoon...Tum Bhulaa Na Sakogi Vo Andaaz Hoon...Goonjtaa Hoon Jo Dil Mein To Hairaan Ho Kyon...Main Tumhaare Hi Dil Ki To Aavaaz Hoon...Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan... Aisa muhje tu na dehka na...seeena se laga loonga, tum ko tumse chura loonga...dil mein chupa loonga Gila Gila Dil Gila.. Mila mila mila koi mila ...Teri Ha Adaar Laga sab se judaa hai dil tuje per fida hai... Dhoom Dhoom let ya body do the talking..Dhoom Dhoom be the fire thats buring..Dhoom machaalay dhoom machaalay dhoom Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye..Hota ke siya...Dil mein Magar chalte reha chaahat ke Diya... Zara zara bahekta hai, mahekta hai,Aaj to mera tan badan, main pyaasi hoon,Mujhe bhar le apni baahon mein Dheera dheera se mera zindagi mein ana...tumsi pyar huma hai kitna jaana jaana Pyar ke isa khel mein..do dil aur mehl mein, tera peecha na chodunga soniya Mera mehboob sanam, tera ashiq hogaya hum...milaka nazaaro se nazaar tera pyaar mein kogaya hum... Wada Raha Pyar Se Pyar Ka, Hum Na Hoga Juda, Dil Ke Dhadkhan Sunrha Hai Mera Khudda Dheera Dheera Se Mera Zindagi Mein Ana...Tumsi Pyar Huma Hai Kitna Jaana JaanaSaamne hain raastein, hum guzar jaaye...Ya kisi ke vaaste hum thaher jaaye...Ab yahan tak aa gaye hain, ab kidhar jaaye...Jaaduuuuuuu teri nazar...Kushboo tera baadan..tu har kar, ya nah kar...Kali nagin ke jaise..Zulfe teri kali kali..Sagar ko moti aur..Suraj ko tu dati hai lali..Kali nagin ke jaise..Zulfe teri kali kaliYeh din yeh mahine saal guzar jaayenge mere yaar..Magar itna rakhna khayaal..Jeena sirf mere liye, jeena sirf mere liye..Kasam se jeena sirf mere liye, jeena sirf mere liye Banno ki saheli resham ki dori..Chhup chhupke sharmaaye dekhe chori chori..Yeh maane ya na maane main to ispe mar gaya..Yeh ladki haai allah, haai haai re allah Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye,Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaaye,Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye,Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaaye,Ab to mera dil jaage na sota hai,Kya karoon haaye, kuch kuch hota hai

5 Lastest Threads by KALKI
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Vedic videos on Rumble.com Bhajans & Devotional Media KALKI 0 1 23-12-2020 07:39
[Video] Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 18 Verse 5:... Bhajans & Devotional Media Kalpana.v 1 2 27-09-2020 20:29
[Video] Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 2 Verse 14:... Bhajans & Devotional Media Kalpana.v 1 2 26-09-2020 23:32

Old 09-12-2010   #11
HŘŘĐËĐ_SĎStÂH
Nutty Poster!

Female
HŘŘĐËĐ_SĎStÂH is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryHŘŘĐËĐ_SĎStÂH's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
The bacbiter shall not enter in Paradise

This was unexpected..I had no idea

"Don’t ever think that dying upon the shahdah will be easy. The tongue utters what’s in the heart. Reflect."

Old 26-02-2011   #12
Fozia4life
Slippery Fingers

Female
Fozia4life is on a distinguished road
View Member's Youtube Channel
My Mood:
CountryFozia4life's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 4

Zindagi ko agar gulzaar banana chahten hai to zamane se shikayat karna chhor den
Apparently if you convert someone to Islam it is a sure way to heaven. So it is encouraged! But my question is that there are so many people I knowwho are born in a different faith, who are nice decent people. How can one particular faith such as Islam say that only they will go to heaven, and no one else?
This is wrong! I thought a good deed is what matters, nothing else.

Old 08-08-2012   #13
xXxKhRiShNeExXx
You Got Me Hooked!

Female
xXxKhRiShNeExXx is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryxXxKhRiShNeExXx's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0

While artistes do want peace, it is not their preserve alone. Everyone wants peace just as much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozia4life View Post
Apparently if you convert someone to Islam it is a sure way to heaven. So it is encouraged! But my question is that there are so many people I knowwho are born in a different faith, who are nice decent people. How can one particular faith such as Islam say that only they will go to heaven, and no one else?
At college that would happen..Some of the Muslim guys would make fun off me then say sorry after by saying "we only jokingg"

calling me cow worshiper or asking questions like: "do Hindus really drink cow piss?"

Sometimes they show me Zakir Naik videos and say "see Islam is the only path to god"

When I reply or say anything then I get accused of hating Islam
but then why ask me questions or say things? not fair

Old 08-08-2012   #14
Fozia4life
Slippery Fingers

Female
Fozia4life is on a distinguished road
View Member's Youtube Channel
My Mood:
CountryFozia4life's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 4

Zindagi ko agar gulzaar banana chahten hai to zamane se shikayat karna chhor den
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxKhRiShNeExXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozia4life View Post
At college that would happen..Some of the Muslim guys would make fun off me then say sorry after by saying "we only jokingg"

calling me cow worshiper or asking questions like: "do Hindus really drink cow piss?"

Sometimes they show me Zakir Naik videos and say "see Islam is the only path to god"

When I reply or say anything then I get accused of hating Islam
but then why ask me questions or say things? not fair

I heard about the cow crap thing and when I had a different Id in youtube I had a friend who used to chat with me on Youtube and he was bullied because he was Hindu. I tried to persuade him to stay but he got very upset and said he was being victimised because of
his religion, and you know who was doing the bullying? The Muslims!! I was horrified and told him to ignore them, or report them. But they went on about the cow etc and the rest I don't even wanna say as I found it too offensive. So he left Youtube, and all because of
a few Muslims that give the rest of us Muslims a bad name.