Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - from The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain (1869)
View Single Post

The descent of the mountain
Old 27-05-2019   #8
RawBeaut
Slippery Fingers

RawBeaut will become famous soon enoughRawBeaut will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
CountryRawBeaut's Flag is: United States
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights
The descent of the mountain

The descent of the mountain was a labor of only four minutes. Instead of stalking down the rugged paths we ascended, we chose one which was bedded knee-deep in loose ashes, and plowed our way with prodigious strides that would almost have shamed the performance of him of the seven-league boots. The Vesuvius of to-day is a very poor affair compared to the mighty volcano of Kilauea, in the Sandwich Islands, but I am glad I visited it. It was well worth it.

It is said that during one of the grand eruptions of Vesuvius it discharged massy rocks weighing many tons a thousand feet into the air, its vast jets of smoke and steam ascended thirty miles toward the firmament, and clouds of its ashes were wafted abroad and fell upon the decks of ships seven hundred and fifty miles at sea! I will take the ashes at a moderate discount, if any one will take the thirty miles of smoke, but I do not feel able to take a commanding interest in the whole story by myself.

ɨ ǟʍ Ꮖɦɛ ɖǟʀᏦռɛֆֆ ʏօʊ ǟʀɛ Ꮖɦɛ ʟɨɢɦᏆ