Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Shrimad Bhagavatam - Cantos 1
View Single Post

Chapter 17: Punishment and Reward of Kali
Old 15-09-2012   #17
KALKI
RHTDM

Male
KALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant future
My Mood:
CountryKALKI's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
3D SuperBall Champion! 5 Miles To Go Champion! Air Dodge Champion! Alien Attack Champion! Alien Commander Champion! Altex Champion! Ambush Santa Champion! Ants Champion! Arkanoid Champion! Aski Champion! Autobahn Champion! Badger Basketball Champion! Balloon Bomber Champion! Balloon Hunter Champion! Bat and Mouse 2 Champion! Bat Punch Champion! Battle of Helms Deep Champion! Battle Pong Champion! BlackJack Champion! BlackJack (anime) Champion! Blackjack Fever Champion! bombjack Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Boxteroid Champion! Bubble Bobble Champion! Bug Juice Champion! Bugz Champion! Bunny Grab Champion! Burger Time Champion! Canyon Glider Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Cell-Out Champion! Checkers Champion! Classic Donkey Kong Champion! Cone Crazy Champion! Crab Volleyball Champion! Crazy Cars Champion! Crazy Koala Champion! Crazy Sleigh Champion! Cricket Champion! Daffy Jumper Champion! Defend Your Castle Champion! Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion! Donkey Kong JR Champion! Donkey Rocket Champion! Duck Tracker Champion! Dutch Sniper Champion! El Emigrante Champion! Elf Toss Champion! Eskiv Champion! Festive Fallout Champion! Find Cupid Champion! Fish Food Champion! Flashbert Champion! Flatout Minigame Champion! Fly Sui Champion! flyplane Champion! Frog It Champion! Frog Mania Champion! Frogger Champion! Garage Tennis Champion! George Wants Beer Champion! Goo Slasher Champion! Gorlog Champion! Hit the Mole Champion! Home Run Champion! Home Run Rally Champion! Ice Cream Blowout Champion! Iceberg Champion! Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion! Invasion 2196 Champion! Its Mine Champion! Jail Break Champion! James Bomb Champion! Japanese Baseball Champion! Jasons Pong Champion! Jawashoot Champion! jetpacker Champion! Juggler Champion! Karts Champion! Keep Up Champion! Keg Stand Champion! KF 9000 Champion! Killer Bob Champion! Kitten Shooting Champion! Lasagna From Heaven Champion! Lawinen Surfer Champion! Merry Fcking Xmas Champion! Metal Slug Champion! metioriods Champion! Mission To Mars Champion! Monkey Diving Champion! Monkey Lander Champion! Monster Champion! Mosquito Kill Champion! Mouse Kill Champion! Mumu Champion! Ninja Kid Champion! Ninja Turtles 2 Champion! Nut Nut Champion! Pac Lawn Champion! Pac man Ghost 2000 Champion! Paintball Champion! Parachute Panic Champion! Pepsi Pinball Champion! Pere Noel Killer Champion! Ping Champion! Pingpong (aniki) Champion! Pipe Mania Champion! Plasmanaut on Fire Champion! Plasmanout V2 Champion! Plastic Saucer Champion! QB Challenge Champion! qmanoids Champion! Rabbit Hunter Champion! Radial Snake Champion! Rally 2100 Champion! Rat Zapper Champion! Ratman Ralph Champion! Recoil Champion! Roach Kill Champion! Rock Face Rescue Champion! Rocket Racer MX Champion! roflattack Champion! Rope Walker Champion! Sack Smash Champion! secondsofmadness Champion! Sharpshooter Champion! shieldshot Champion! Shooting Hearts Champion! Shuriken Challenge Champion! Smack the Rabbit Champion! Smaugs Treasure Champion! Snake Shooter Champion! Snow Paul Champion! Snowboard Slalom Champion! Sonny Sunshine Champion! South Park - Kenny Champion! Space Ace: Arcade Champion! Space Hunter Champion! Space Rescue Champion! Spot the Difference Champion! Spy Hunter Champion! Starship Legend Champion! Stick Avalanche Champion! Target Champion! The Claw Game Champion! The Gritch Champion! Tiger Moth Champion! Tiger Punch Champion! Turbo Turtle Champion! Turkey Sleigh Champion! UFO Shoot Out Champion! War on Terror Champion! Watch Out Champion! Where is the ball Champion! Wicked Witch Champion! Witch Hunt Champion! Worms 3D Champion! Xmas Trivia 4 Champion! Xmas Trivia 5 Champion! Yankee Go Home Champion! Golden Shower Champion! Nude Runner Champion! Pissing Game Champion!
Star Sign: Star Sign
:|
Chapter 17: Punishment and Reward of Kali

(1) Sūta said: "There [at the Sarasvatī river] the king observed how a s'ūdra who was dressed like a king was beating a cow and a bull with a club, as if there was no one to protect them. (2) The bull, that was as white as a lotus, terrified of being beaten by the s'ūdra urinated and trembled out of fear, standing on one leg only. (3) The cow also, on itself a religious example but now rendered poor and distressed because of the s'ūdra who beat her legs, was without a calf and had tears in her eyes while she in her weakness hankered for some grass to eat. (4) From his with gold embossed chariot Parīkchit, well equipped with bow and arrows, asked with a thundering voice: (5) 'Who are you to think that you in this place can violently kill the helpless who fall under my protection! As an actor you make a powerful appearance dressed up like a God-conscious man, but you behave like someone who never saw the light of civilization [of being twice-born]. (6) Do you think that because Lord Krishna and the carrier of the bow the Gāndīva [Arjuna] have disappeared from the scene, you can secretly beat an innocent cow? Being a culprit that way you deserve it to be killed!'

(7) 'And you', he said turning to the bull, 'are you just a bull that, as white as a lotus, moves on one leg and has lost three legs or are you some demigod who in the form of a bull makes us sad? (8) Except for the case of you having tears in your eyes because of someone else, under the protection [of the arms] of any of the kings of the Kuru dynasty there has never been such grievance on earth. (9) Oh son of Surabhi [the celestial cow], in my kingdom there will be no lamentation and therefore do not fear the s'ūdra, and dear mother cow, do not cry.

As long as I am alive as the ruler and subduer of the envious you will fare well! (10-11) Oh chaste one, he in whose state the living beings are terrified because of miscreants, will lose his fame, longevity, fortune and good birth. It is certainly the supreme duty of the kings to subdue in order to put an end to the misery of the ones who suffer and therefore I shall kill this most wretched man who is so violent with other living beings. (12) Who is the one who has cut your three legs, oh son of Surabhi? What happened to you has never happened before in this royal state of kings who live in respect of Lord Krishna. (13) Oh bull, you are honest and without offenses, tell me therefore about him who mutilated you and tarnished the reputation of the sons of Prithā. (14) Those who make the sinless suffer may fear me wherever they are, for I will curb the actions of the miscreants and restore the welfare of the ones who are honest. (15) The upstart who offends innocent living beings I shall forthwith defeat, whether he is a demigod from heaven with armor and decorations or not. (16) It is certainly the holy duty of the head of state to always protect the ones who faithfully perform their duty and, safely according to the scriptures, chastise those in this world who have strayed from the path.'

(17) The personality of religion said: 'All you said speaking for the sake of the freedom from anxiety of those who are suffering is befitting for someone of the Pāndava dynasty, the dynasty of which the qualities led Lord Krishna to behave like a servant and such.

(18) Oh greatest among the human beings, because the person is bewildered as a consequence of all the differences of opinion, we cannot tell who [or what] would be the cause of all human suffering. (19) Some declare in defiance of all duality that one suffers because of one's own actions, others speak of supernatural causes, while still others say that it is all due to the operation of material nature or the consequence of accepting outside authorities. (20) Some also conclude that it is a matter which defies explanation and comprehension. Who of them would be right in this matter oh sage amongst the kings, is left to your own power of judgement.' "

(21) Sūta said: "Parīkchit, who attentively had followed what the personality of religion had to say, oh best among the brahmins, mindfully replied. (22) 'You oh knower of the duties, oh dharma in the form of a bull, speak this way [of the unknown cause] only because you know that [just as it is with a guru who pointing out the karma takes the karma upon him] he who points out the culprit ends up in the position of doing wrong himself.

(23) In other words: the Lord His ways with the material world cannot be put in words nor be conceived by living beings. (24) Penance, cleanliness, compassion and truthfulness [tapas, s'auca, dayā, satya] are the legs that established the age of truth [Satya-yuga, the 'old days'], but because of irreligiosity three of them have broken in conceit, clinging to intercourse and intoxication. (25) At present, oh personality of religion, you are hobbling along on the one leg of truthfulness while quarrel personified [Kali] who flourishes on deceit, irreligiously tries to destroy that leg too.

(26) Through the actions of the Supreme Lord personally mother earth has been relieved of a great burden. His all-auspicious footprints brought good fortune everywhere. (27) Lamenting with tears in her eyes the unfortunate and chaste one [mother earth] who was deserted by Him is now enjoyed by lower-class people who, devoid of the culture of learning, pose as rulers in my place.'

(28) Thus the personalities of religion and mother earth were pacified by the great warrior who took up his sharp sword in order to kill Kali, the root cause of irreligion.

(29) Realizing that the king wanted to kill him, Kali, stressed from the fear, abandoned his royal atire and in full surrender bowed his head down at the feet. (30) Out of compassion he who is kind to the poor and capable of handling worship with a smile refrained from killing the one who had fallen at the feet of the hero that he was, he, the hero of whom one says that he is worthy of being glorified. (31) The king said: 'Do not fear, for you have surrendered yourself with folded hands. We certainly inherited the fame of Arjuna, but that does not mean that you can be allowed to stay in my kingdom. You are a friend of irreligion after all.

(32) With you physically present as a god of man, everywhere the irreligion of greed, falsehood, robbery, incivility, treachery, misfortune, cheating, quarrel and vanity and all of that will be abound in the masses. (33) For that reason, oh friend of irreligion, you do not deserve it to remain in the vicinity of those places where the experts of religion and the truth duly and expertly are of worship with sacrifices for the Lord of Sacrifices. (34) In such sacrificial ceremonies the Supreme Personality of God, the Lord, is worshiped as the Soul of all worshipable deities. In that form He spreads welfare, for He is the to all desires inviolable Supersoul who is present both inside and outside, just like the air is for all that moves and does not move.' "

(35) Sūta said: "That way being addressed by king Parīkchit, the personality of Kali seeing him ready with a raised sword speaking like Yamarāja, the Lord of Death, trembled. (36) Kali said: 'Wherever I may live under your order, oh Emperor, I will always have to face the reign of your bow and arrows. (37) Therefore please, oh chief of the protectors of the religion, allot me a place where I may count on a permanent stay under your rule.' "

(38) Sūta said: "Thus being petitioned, he gave Kali permission to dwell in places where the four sinful activities of gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter [dyūtam, pānam, striyah, sūnā] were taking place. (39) Next to that the master, upon his insistent begging, allotted him the place where there is gold, for gold by passion is the fifth sin bringing falsity, intoxication, lust and enmity. (40) Thus under the direction of the son of Uttarā the five dwelling places were given to Kali where irreligion is encouraged. (41) For that reason a person desiring his well-being should never resort to any of these places, especially not those persons who follow the path of liberation, the royalty, the state officials and the teachers.

(42) By encouraging activities that restored the bull's three lost legs of austerity, cleanliness and compassion, the earth was perfectly improved [by King Parīkchit]. (43-44) The present rule we have of him; the throne that was handed over by the king, grandfather [Yudhishthhira] when he wished to withdraw into the forest. From that rule that sage among the kings and chief of the Kuru dynasty is now known in Hastināpura as the most fortunate and famous emperor. (45) Because of this experience of the son of Abhimanyu the king, thanks to his rule over the earth, you may all now have the initiation of the performance of sacrifices like this one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Text 1

Sūta said: "There [at the Sarasvatī river] the king observed how a s'ūdra who was dressed like a king was beating a cow and a bull with a club, as if there was no one to protect them.

Sūta said: "It was there [at the Sarasvatī river] that the king observed that a cow and bull were beaten with a club as if they had no owner, by a s'ūdra [one of the lowest class] dressed up as a king. (Vedabase)

Text 2

The bull, that was as white as a lotus, terrified of being beaten by the s'ūdra urinated and trembled out of fear, standing on one leg only.

The bull, that was as white as a lotus, was terrified of being beaten by the s'ūdra and urinated and trembled out of fear, standing on one leg only. (Vedabase)

Text 3

The cow also, on itself a religious example but now rendered poor and distressed because of the s'ūdra who beat her legs, was without a calf and had tears in her eyes while she in her weakness hankered for some grass to eat.

The cow also, on itself a religious example but now rendered poor and distressed from the s'ūdra who had beaten her legs, was without a calf and had tears in her eyes being very weak hankering after some grass to eat. (Vedabase)

Text 4

From his with gold embossed chariot Parīkchit, well equipped with bow and arrows, asked with a thundering voice:

From his with gold embossed chariot Parīkchit, well equipped with bow and arrows, with a thundering voice inquired: (Vedabase)

Text 5

'Who are you to think that you in this place can violently kill the helpless who fall under my protection! As an actor you make a powerful appearance dressed up like a God-conscious man, but you behave like someone who never saw the light of civilization [of being twice-born].

'Who are you, that under my protection, at this place, you think you can violently kill the helpless! Although you appear to be of strength having dressed up like a man of God as if you are an actor, you behave like someone who never saw the light of culture [to be twice born]. (Vedabase)

Text 6

Do you think that because Lord Krishna and the carrier of the bow the Gāndīva [Arjuna] have disappeared from the scene, you can secretly beat an innocent cow? Being a culprit that way you deserve it to be killed!'

Do you think that because Lord Krishna and the carrier of the bow the Gāndiva [Arjuna] are out of sight, you can secretly beat an innocent cow? Being a culprit that way you deserve to be killed!' (Vedabase)

Text 7

'And you', he said turning to the bull, 'are you just a bull that, as white as a lotus, moves on one leg and has lost three legs or are you some demigod who in the form of a bull makes us sad?

'And you', he said turning to the bull,'are you just a bull as white as a lotus moving on one leg that has lost three legs or are you some demigod in the form of a bull causing us grief? (Vedabase)

Text 8

Except for the case of you having tears in your eyes because of someone else, under the protection [of the arms] of any of the kings of the Kuru dynasty there has never been such grievance on earth.

Never under the protection of the arms of any of the kings of the Kuru dynasty there has been grieving on this earth, except with for you having tears in your eyes because of someone else. (Vedabase)

Text 9

Oh son of Surabhi [the celestial cow], in my kingdom there will be no lamentation and therefore do not fear the s'ūdra, and dear mother cow, do not cry. As long as I am alive as the ruler and subduer of the envious you will fare well!

O son of Surabhi [the celestial cow], in my kingdom there will be no lamentation, so do not fear the s'ūdra, and mother cow, do not cry; as long as I am alive as the ruler and subduer of the envious, everything will be good for you. (Vedabase)

Text 10-11

Oh chaste one, he in whose state the living beings are terrified because of miscreants, will lose his fame, longevity, fortune and good birth. It is certainly the supreme duty of the kings to subdue in order to put an end to the misery of the ones who suffer and therefore I shall kill this most wretched man who is so violent with other living beings.

O chaste one, he will lose his fame, longevity, fortune and a good birth, in whose state the living beings are terrified by miscreants. It is certainly the supreme duty of the kings to subdue in order to end the misery of the ones who suffer and therefore I shall kill this most wretched man so violent against other living beings. (Vedabase)

Text 12

Who is the one who has cut your three legs, oh son of Surabhi? What happened to you has never happened before in this royal state of kings who live in respect of Lord Krishna.

Who is he who could cut off your legs, o son of Surabhi - as it happened with you it has never happened before in the state of the kings that live following Lord Krishna. (Vedabase)

Text 13

Oh bull, you are honest and without offenses, tell me therefore about him who mutilated you and tarnished the reputation of the sons of Prithā.

Just tell me, o bull, for you are honest and without offenses, about him who mutilated you and tarnished the reputation of the sons of Parthā. (Vedabase)

Text 14

Those who make the sinless suffer may fear me wherever they are, for I will curb the actions of the miscreants and restore the welfare of the ones who are honest.

Those who make the offenseless suffer may fear me wherever they are, as I will curb the actions of the miscreants and restore the good fortune of the honest ones. (Vedabase)

Text 15

The upstart who offends innocent living beings I shall forthwith defeat, whether he is a demigod from heaven with armor and decorations or not.

The upstart who offends innocent living beings, I shall forthwith defeat, whether he's a demigod from heaven with armor and decorations or not. (Vedabase)

Text 16

It is certainly the holy duty of the head of state to always protect the ones who faithfully perform their duty and, safely according to the scriptures, chastise those in this world who have strayed from the path.'

It is certainly the holy duty of the head of state to always protect the ones who live in loyalty and rule safely according to the scriptures over others who are in fact straying. (Vedabase)

Text 17

The personality of religion said: 'All you said speaking for the sake of the freedom from anxiety of those who are suffering is befitting for someone of the Pāndava dynasty, the dynasty of which the qualities led Lord Krishna to behave like a servant and such.

The personality of religion said: 'All you said speaking for the freedom from anxiety of the sufferers just befits one of the Pāndava dynasty by whose qualities even Lord Krishna acted as a servant. (Vedabase)

Text 18

Oh greatest among the human beings, because the person is bewildered as a consequence of all the differences of opinion, we cannot tell who [or what] would be the cause of all human suffering.

O greatest among the human beings, from the bewilderment of the person by all the differences of opinion, we cannot tell what would be the cause of all human suffering. (Vedabase)

Text 19

Some declare in defiance of all duality that one suffers because of one's own actions, others speak of supernatural causes, while still others say that it is all due to the operation of material nature or the consequence of accepting outside authorities.

Some who deny all kinds of duality declare that it is from one self that one suffers, others say that it is from the superhuman, while still others say that it is all due to the activities of material nature or of adopting outside authorities. (Vedabase)

Text 20

Some also conclude that it is a matter which defies explanation and comprehension. Who of them would be right in this matter oh sage amongst the kings, is left to your own power of judgement.' "

It is beyond the power of reasoning and thinking to tell which of them is right, some for sure concluded about this, o sage amongst the kings; the judgment is left to your own intelligence'." (Vedabase)

Text 21

Sūta said: "Parīkchit, who attentively had followed what the personality of religion had to say, oh best among the brahmins, mindfully replied.

Sūta said: "Parīkchit, who attentively heard the personality of religion thus speak, o best among the brahmins, mindfully replied. (Vedabase)

Text 22

'You oh knower of the duties, oh dharma in the form of a bull, speak this way [of the unknown cause] only because you know that [just as it is with a guru who pointing out the karma takes the karma upon him] he who points out the culprit ends up in the position of doing wrong himself.

The king said: 'To the religion you say, being the personality of the principles in the disguise of a bull, that whatever those who act against the religion do also becomes identified with the place of the one who lays his finger on it. (Vedabase)

Text 23

In other words: the Lord His ways with the material world cannot be put in words nor be conceived by living beings.
In other words: the Lord His ways with the material world are inconceivable and to all it is clear that nor thinking nor speaking is of avail. (Vedabase)

Text 24

Penance, cleanliness, compassion and truthfulness [tapas, s'auca, dayā, satya] are the legs that established the age of truth [Satya-yuga, the 'old days'], but because of irreligiosity three of them have broken in conceit, clinging to intercourse and intoxication.

Austerity, cleanliness, compassion and thruthfullness [tapas, s'auca, dayā, sathya] are the legs that established the age of truth [Sathya Yuga, the'old days'], but from irreligiosity three of them broke in pride, too much association with women and intoxication. (Vedabase)

Text 25

At present, oh personality of religion, you are hobbling along on the one leg of truthfulness while quarrel personified [Kali] who flourishes on deceit, irreligiously tries to destroy that leg too.

At present, o personality of religion, you are hobbling along on the one leg of truthfulness while quarrel personified [Kali], flourishing on deceit, irreligiously tries to destroy that leg too. (Vedabase)

Text 26

Through the actions of the Supreme Lord personally mother earth has been relieved of a great burden. His all-auspicious footprints brought good fortune everywhere.

A great burden was taken from the face of the earth by the Supreme Lord personally and others also - His all-auspicious footprints brought good fortune everywhere. (Vedabase)

Text 27

Lamenting with tears in her eyes the unfortunate and chaste one [mother earth] who was deserted by Him is now enjoyed by lower-class people who, devoid of the culture of learning, pose as rulers in my place.'

Lamenting with tears in her eyes, the unfortunate and chaste one deserted by Him, is now enjoyed by the lower-class devoid of the culture of learning who pose themself as rulers in my place. (Vedabase)

Text 28

Thus the personalities of religion and mother earth were pacified by the great warrior who took up his sharp sword in order to kill Kali, the root cause of irreligion.

Thus the personalities of religion and mother earth were pacified by the great warrior, who took up his sharp sword in order to kill Kali, the root cause of irreligion. (Vedabase)

Text 29

Realizing that the king wanted to kill him, Kali, stressed from the fear, abandoned his royal atire and in full surrender bowed his head down at the feet.

Knowing that the king prepared to kill him, Kali, under the pressure of fear, abandoned the royal dress and fully surrendered himself bowing his head at the feet. (Vedabase)

Text 30

Out of compassion he who is kind to the poor and capable of handling worship with a smile refrained from killing the one who had fallen at the feet of the hero that he was, he, the hero of whom one says that he is worthy of being glorified.

Out of compassion, he who is kind to the poor and capable of handling worship, with a smile refrained from killing the one fallen at the feet of the hero of whom it is said that he is worthy of being sung to. (Vedabase)

Text 31

The king said: 'Do not fear, for you have surrendered yourself with folded hands. We certainly inherited the fame of Arjuna, but that does not mean that you can be allowed to stay in my kingdom. You are a friend of irreligion after all.

The king said: 'Do not fear as you surrendered with folded hands; we certainly inherited the fame of Arjuna, but there can be no question either of being allowed to stay in my kingdom as you are the friend of irreligion. (Vedabase)

Text 32

With you physically present as a god of man, everywhere the irreligion of greed, falsehood, robbery, incivility, treachery, misfortune, cheating, quarrel and vanity and all of that will be abound in the masses.

With you present in the body as a god of men, everywhere all the irreligion of greed, falsehood, robbery, incivility, treachery, misfortune, cheating, quarrel and vanity will be abound in the masses. (Vedabase)

Text 33

For that reason, oh friend of irreligion, you do not deserve it to remain in the vicinity of those places where the experts of religion and the truth duly and expertly are of worship with sacrifices for the Lord of Sacrifices.

Therefore, o friend of irreligion, you do not deserve to remain with the religion and truth in a place of sacrifice where one duly and expertly is offering in service to the Lord of Sacrifices. (Vedabase)

Text 34

In such sacrificial ceremonies the Supreme Personality of God, the Lord, is worshiped as the Soul of all worshipable deities. In that form He spreads welfare, for He is the to all desires inviolable Supersoul who is present both inside and outside, just like the air is for all that moves and does not move.' "

In such sacrificial ceremonies the Supreme Personality of God, the Lord, is being worshiped as the soul of all worshipable deities, in the form of which he spreads welfare as He is the inviolable Supersoul to all desires being inside as well as outside like the air is to all the moving and unmoving.' (Vedabase)

Text 35

Sūta said: "That way being addressed by king Parīkchit, the personality of Kali seeing him ready with a raised sword speaking like Yamarāja, the Lord of Death, trembled.

Sūta said: "That way being addressed by king Parīkchit, the personality of Kali was trembling seeing him ready with a raised sword speaking like Yamarāja, the Lord of Death. (Vedabase)

Text 36

Kali said: 'Werever I may live under your order, oh Emperor, I will always have to face the reign of your bow and arrows.

Kali said: 'Wherever that I may live under your Order, o Emperor, I will always see the reign of your bow and arrows also. (Vedabase)

Text 37

Therefore please, oh chief of the protectors of the religion, allot me a place where I may count on a permanent stay under your rule.' "

Therefore please, o chief of the protectors of the religion, allot me a place where for certain I can find a permanent residence under your rule'." (Vedabase)

Text 38

Sūta said: "Thus being petitioned, he gave Kali permission to dwell in places where the four sinful activities of gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter [dyūtam, pānam, striyah, sūnā] were taking place.

Sūta said: "Thus being petitioned, at that time he gave Kali the permission to dwell in places where the four sinful activities of gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter [dyūtam, pānam, striyah, sūnā] were taking place. (Vedabase)

Text 39

Next to that the master, upon his insistent begging, allotted him the place where there is gold, for gold by passion is the fifth sin bringing falsity, intoxication, lust and enmity.

Next to that the master gave him, upon his insistent begging, the place where there is gold as gold by passion is the fifth sin bringing falsity, intoxication, lust and enmity. (Vedabase)

Text 40

Thus under the direction of the son of Uttarā the five dwelling places were given to Kali where irreligion is encouraged.

Those five places, where surely irreligion is encouraged, were thus by the son of Uttarā given as the dwelling places under his direction. (Vedabase)

Text 41

For that reason a person desiring his well-being should never resort to any of these places, especially not those persons who follow the path of liberation, the royalty, the state officials and the teachers.

Therefore all who seek well-being should never contact all this, specifically not those on the path of liberation, the royalty, the state officials and the teachers. (Vedabase)

Text 42

By encouraging activities that restored the bull's three lost legs of austerity, cleanliness and compassion, the earth [by King Parīkchit] was perfectly improved.

By encouraging activities he thus perfectly improved the earth by reestablishing the bull its three lost legs of austerity, cleanliness and mercy. (Vedabase)

Text 43-44

The present rule we have of him; the throne that was handed over by the king, grandfather [Yudhishthhira] when he wished to withdraw into the forest. From that rule that sage among the kings and chief of the Kuru dynasty is now known in Hastināpura as the most fortunate and famous emperor.

Of him is the present rule; the throne that was handed over by the grandfather king [Yudhishthhira] who desired to withdraw in the forest. From that rule, that sage among the kings and chief of the Kuru-dynasty, is now known in Hastinapura as the most fortunate and famous emperor. (Vedabase)

Text 45

Because of this experience of the son of Abhimanyu the king, thanks to his rule over the earth, you may all now have the initiation of the performance of sacrifices like this one."

Because of this experience of the son of Abhimanyu, the king; thanks to his rule over the earth, you can all have the initiation of the performing of sacrifices like this." (Vedabase)

Yaad Kuch Aata Nahin, Yeh Hua Kab Se...Ho Gaya Mushkil Chhupaana Raaz Yeh Sab Se...Tum Kaho To Maang Loon Main Aaj Kuch Rab Se Rabba mere rabba rabba, rabba mere rabba,Is pyaar ko main kya naam doon Roshni se bhare bhare..Bhare bhare naina tere..Chhooke bole na chhoona mujhe Suraj hua maddham, chaand jalne laga..Aasmaan yeh haai kyoon pighalne laga..Main thehra raha, zameen chalne lagi.. Bheeghi Bheeghi Raaton Mein, Phir Tum Aao Na...Asi Barsaton Mein Aao Na.. Humko Humise Chura Lo, Dil Mein Kahin Tum Chhupa Lo,Hum Akele Kho Naa Jaaye, Door Tumse Ho Naa Jaaye,Paas Aao Gale Se Lagaa Lo Toota Toota ek parinda...Jo bhi kaal hua kal bhi phir aayaga Hai...Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe..Ho gaya hai kaisa yeh kamaal kya kahe Ruka Ja, Oh Jaana Wali Ruka Ja...Nazara Mein To Tera Bhura Sa Sahi..Adami Mein Bhura Nahi Dil Ka Aja Re, Aja Re Oh Mere Dilbar Aja..Dil Ki Pyaas Buja Ja Re...Oh Noorie kabhie kabhie mere dil mein khayaal aata hai...ke jaise tujh ko banaya gaya hai mere liye..ke jaise tujh ko banaya gaya haiKitna bechain hoke tumse mila...Tumko kya tha khabar tha main kitna akela ..Ke kitna mohabbat hai tumse...Hai...Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe..Ho gaya hai kaisa yeh kamaal kya kaheTujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam..Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam..Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam.Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam..Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam.Ab ahan se kahan jaaye hum..Teri bahon mein mar jaaye hum Aksar is duniya mein anjaane milte hain,Anjaani raahon mein milke kho jaate hain,Lekin hamesha voh yaad aate hain Na kajre ki dhaar, na motiyon ke haar,Na koi kiya singaar phir bhi kitni sundar ho,Tum kitni sundar ho Na jaane mere dil ko kya ho gaya..Abhi to yahin tha, abhi kho gaya..Ho gaya hai tujhko to pyaar sajna..Lakh kar le tu inkaar sajna..Dildaar sajna, hai yeh pyaar sajna

Dil Dooba Dil Dooba...Neela Akho Mein Yeh Dil Dooba.. Neela Neela Amber Per Chand Jab Aye...Aisa Koi Saathi Ho ..Aisa Koi Premi Hoi Jaanam Dekh Lo Mit Gayeen Dooriyaan..Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan...Kaisi Sarhadein...Kaisi Majbooriyaan..Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan...Tum Chhupaa Na Sakogi Main Vo Raaz Hoon...Tum Bhulaa Na Sakogi Vo Andaaz Hoon...Goonjtaa Hoon Jo Dil Mein To Hairaan Ho Kyon...Main Tumhaare Hi Dil Ki To Aavaaz Hoon...Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan... Aisa muhje tu na dehka na...seeena se laga loonga, tum ko tumse chura loonga...dil mein chupa loonga Gila Gila Dil Gila.. Mila mila mila koi mila ...Teri Ha Adaar Laga sab se judaa hai dil tuje per fida hai... Dhoom Dhoom let ya body do the talking..Dhoom Dhoom be the fire thats buring..Dhoom machaalay dhoom machaalay dhoom Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye..Hota ke siya...Dil mein Magar chalte reha chaahat ke Diya... Zara zara bahekta hai, mahekta hai,Aaj to mera tan badan, main pyaasi hoon,Mujhe bhar le apni baahon mein Dheera dheera se mera zindagi mein ana...tumsi pyar huma hai kitna jaana jaana Pyar ke isa khel mein..do dil aur mehl mein, tera peecha na chodunga soniya Mera mehboob sanam, tera ashiq hogaya hum...milaka nazaaro se nazaar tera pyaar mein kogaya hum... Wada Raha Pyar Se Pyar Ka, Hum Na Hoga Juda, Dil Ke Dhadkhan Sunrha Hai Mera Khudda Dheera Dheera Se Mera Zindagi Mein Ana...Tumsi Pyar Huma Hai Kitna Jaana JaanaSaamne hain raastein, hum guzar jaaye...Ya kisi ke vaaste hum thaher jaaye...Ab yahan tak aa gaye hain, ab kidhar jaaye...Jaaduuuuuuu teri nazar...Kushboo tera baadan..tu har kar, ya nah kar...Kali nagin ke jaise..Zulfe teri kali kali..Sagar ko moti aur..Suraj ko tu dati hai lali..Kali nagin ke jaise..Zulfe teri kali kaliYeh din yeh mahine saal guzar jaayenge mere yaar..Magar itna rakhna khayaal..Jeena sirf mere liye, jeena sirf mere liye..Kasam se jeena sirf mere liye, jeena sirf mere liye Banno ki saheli resham ki dori..Chhup chhupke sharmaaye dekhe chori chori..Yeh maane ya na maane main to ispe mar gaya..Yeh ladki haai allah, haai haai re allah Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye,Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaaye,Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye,Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaaye,Ab to mera dil jaage na sota hai,Kya karoon haaye, kuch kuch hota hai