Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - What was early contact like between Europeans and Natives?
View Single Post

Old 19-04-2019   #2
BulletProofYogi
Wild Poster

Male
BulletProofYogi will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

I'm Not Telling You It Is Going To Be Easy.. I'm Telling You It's Going To Be Worth It
He took native's as slaves to Europe:

Quote:
Columbus’s Account of 1492 Voyage
After his first transatlantic voyage, Christopher Columbus sent an account of his encounters in the Americas to King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain. Several copies of his manuscript were made for court officials, and a transcription was published in April 1493. This Latin translation was published the same year. In reporting on his trip to his sovereigns, Columbus wrote:

There I found very many islands, filled with innumerable people, and I have taken possession of them all for their Highnesses, done by proclamation and with the royal standard unfurled, and no opposition was offered to me.
Source:
Christopher Columbus (1451–1506). Epistola Christofori Colom (Letters of Christopher Columbus). Rome: Stephan Plannck, after April 29,1493. Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress (048.00.00, 048.00.01, 048.00.02, 048.00.03)

Quote:
Columbus’s Voyage and the New World
This edition of the Columbus letter, printed in Basel in 1494, is illustrated. The five woodcuts, which supposedly illustrate Columbus’s voyage and the New World, are in fact mostly imaginary, and were probably adapted drawings of Mediterranean places. This widely published report made Columbus famous throughout Europe. It earned him the title of Admiral, secured him continued royal patronage, and enabled him to make three more trips to the Caribbean, which he firmly believed to the end was a part of Asia. Seventeen editions of the letter were published between 1493 and 1497. Only eight copies of all the editions are extant.

Source: Christopher Columbus. De Insulis nuper in Mari Indico repertis in Carolus Verardus: Historia Baetica. Basel: I.B. [Johann Bergman de Olpe], 1494. Jay I. Kislak Collection, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress (048.01.00, 048.01.01, 048.01.02, 048.01.03)

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/explori...the-taino.html

Quote:
European and Native American Interaction 1600-1800's

Send keyboard focus to media
During the 17th century, thousands of European immigrants arrived in North America seeking economic and religious freedom.[1] Nevertheless, this vast land was already home to an extensive population of Native Americans located throughout the continent in various tribes. Initially, the relationship between the two cultures was amicable. However, throughout the 1600-1800's, this relationship would evolve and change over time. The Native American resistance to European expansion in North American occurred due to social, economic, and political pressures.

[1] P. Scott Corbett, Volker Janssen, John M. Lund, Todd Pfannestiel, and Paul Vickery, U.S. History, Houston: OpenStax, 2017. PDF e-book, 72.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJourn...30b311c17ec0f6