Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - How ‘Extraction’ Leaps Into Action | Anatomy of a Scene
View Single Post

How ‘Extraction’ Leaps Into Action | Anatomy of a Scene
Old 25-04-2020
jay999
Vewy Vewy Addictive!

jay999 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson? Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?

How ‘Extraction’ Leaps Into Action | Anatomy of a Scene

When a Hollywood stunt coordinator sets out to direct his first feature, he knows that the stunts had better be great. Sam Hargrave aimed to make it so by bringing the camera along for the wild ride in his Netflix thriller “Extraction,” starring Chris Hemsworth as a mercenary tasked with rescuing the kidnapped son of a crime lord.

This scene has Hemsworth, as Tyler Rake, trying to protect the boy, Ovi (Rudhraksh Jaiswal), from one of the movie’s many baddies, Saju (Randeep Hooda). It ain’t easy. The characters hop across rooftops, weave through narrow apartment hallways and conduct a knife fight in street traffic. The sequence, with some clever stitches, is meant to play out as one continuous shot, “1917”-style.

In his narration, Hargrave discusses not just directing, but also serving as the camera operator for these kinetic bits. He was attached to a wire as he leapt across buildings with his stunt doubles, then jumped from a balcony with them as well, all while trying not to miss the shot.

5 Lastest Threads by jay999
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Modi’s Muslim remarks spark ‘hate speech’ Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 22-04-2024 15:11
Every time I read this is makes me laugh -... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 20-04-2024 18:28
Who the fuck is this cunt? Akhmed Yakoob running... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 08-04-2024 17:01
Lord Ram Mandir & BBC , Babri Mosque Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 17-02-2024 07:28
UN aid chief heads to West Asia to take forward... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 0 1 16-10-2023 19:25