Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Shrimad Bhagavatam - Cantos 1
View Single Post

Chapter 19: The Appearance of S'ukadeva Gosvāmī
Old 15-09-2012   #19
KALKI
RHTDM

Male
KALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant futureKALKI has a brilliant future
My Mood:
CountryKALKI's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
3D SuperBall Champion! 5 Miles To Go Champion! Air Dodge Champion! Alien Attack Champion! Alien Commander Champion! Altex Champion! Ambush Santa Champion! Ants Champion! Arkanoid Champion! Aski Champion! Autobahn Champion! Badger Basketball Champion! Balloon Bomber Champion! Balloon Hunter Champion! Bat and Mouse 2 Champion! Bat Punch Champion! Battle of Helms Deep Champion! Battle Pong Champion! BlackJack Champion! BlackJack (anime) Champion! Blackjack Fever Champion! bombjack Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Boxteroid Champion! Bubble Bobble Champion! Bug Juice Champion! Bugz Champion! Bunny Grab Champion! Burger Time Champion! Canyon Glider Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Cell-Out Champion! Checkers Champion! Classic Donkey Kong Champion! Cone Crazy Champion! Crab Volleyball Champion! Crazy Cars Champion! Crazy Koala Champion! Crazy Sleigh Champion! Cricket Champion! Daffy Jumper Champion! Defend Your Castle Champion! Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion! Donkey Kong JR Champion! Donkey Rocket Champion! Duck Tracker Champion! Dutch Sniper Champion! El Emigrante Champion! Elf Toss Champion! Eskiv Champion! Festive Fallout Champion! Find Cupid Champion! Fish Food Champion! Flashbert Champion! Flatout Minigame Champion! Fly Sui Champion! flyplane Champion! Frog It Champion! Frog Mania Champion! Frogger Champion! Garage Tennis Champion! George Wants Beer Champion! Goo Slasher Champion! Gorlog Champion! Hit the Mole Champion! Home Run Champion! Home Run Rally Champion! Ice Cream Blowout Champion! Iceberg Champion! Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion! Invasion 2196 Champion! Its Mine Champion! Jail Break Champion! James Bomb Champion! Japanese Baseball Champion! Jasons Pong Champion! Jawashoot Champion! jetpacker Champion! Juggler Champion! Karts Champion! Keep Up Champion! Keg Stand Champion! KF 9000 Champion! Killer Bob Champion! Kitten Shooting Champion! Lasagna From Heaven Champion! Lawinen Surfer Champion! Merry Fcking Xmas Champion! Metal Slug Champion! metioriods Champion! Mission To Mars Champion! Monkey Diving Champion! Monkey Lander Champion! Monster Champion! Mosquito Kill Champion! Mouse Kill Champion! Mumu Champion! Ninja Kid Champion! Ninja Turtles 2 Champion! Nut Nut Champion! Pac Lawn Champion! Pac man Ghost 2000 Champion! Paintball Champion! Parachute Panic Champion! Pepsi Pinball Champion! Pere Noel Killer Champion! Ping Champion! Pingpong (aniki) Champion! Pipe Mania Champion! Plasmanaut on Fire Champion! Plasmanout V2 Champion! Plastic Saucer Champion! QB Challenge Champion! qmanoids Champion! Rabbit Hunter Champion! Radial Snake Champion! Rally 2100 Champion! Rat Zapper Champion! Ratman Ralph Champion! Recoil Champion! Roach Kill Champion! Rock Face Rescue Champion! Rocket Racer MX Champion! roflattack Champion! Rope Walker Champion! Sack Smash Champion! secondsofmadness Champion! Sharpshooter Champion! shieldshot Champion! Shooting Hearts Champion! Shuriken Challenge Champion! Smack the Rabbit Champion! Smaugs Treasure Champion! Snake Shooter Champion! Snow Paul Champion! Snowboard Slalom Champion! Sonny Sunshine Champion! South Park - Kenny Champion! Space Ace: Arcade Champion! Space Hunter Champion! Space Rescue Champion! Spot the Difference Champion! Spy Hunter Champion! Starship Legend Champion! Stick Avalanche Champion! Target Champion! The Claw Game Champion! The Gritch Champion! Tiger Moth Champion! Tiger Punch Champion! Turbo Turtle Champion! Turkey Sleigh Champion! UFO Shoot Out Champion! War on Terror Champion! Watch Out Champion! Where is the ball Champion! Wicked Witch Champion! Witch Hunt Champion! Worms 3D Champion! Xmas Trivia 4 Champion! Xmas Trivia 5 Champion! Yankee Go Home Champion! Golden Shower Champion! Nude Runner Champion! Pissing Game Champion!
Star Sign: Star Sign
:|
Chapter 19: The Appearance of S'ukadeva Gosvāmī

(1) Sūta said: "Going home the king thought that what he had done was something abominable and he was very depressed saying to himself: 'Alas, it was uncivilized and evil what I did to the faultless, grave and powerful brahmin. (2) I will no doubt because of going against the injunctions very soon meet with a very troublesome calamity. I certainly hope that that will happen as soon as possible so that I wil be relieved of my sins and never do anything like that again.

(3) May I, on this very day, burn with my kingdom, strength and wealth of riches in the fire ignited by the brahmin community, so that the inauspiciousness of sinning against the Lord, the culture and the cows may not return to me.' (4) Thus pondering the message reached him of the curse of death pronounced by the sage's son. That curse in the form of the fire of a snake bird he accepted as something auspicious because that expected happening would be the logical consequence of the indifference of an all too attached person.

(5) He decided to give up on this world as also on the next, for he already had concluded that both worlds were inferior compared to a life of service at the feet of Krishna. So he sat down at the bank of the transcendental river [the Ganges] in order to fast. That was to his opinion the best thing he could do. (6) That river, always flowing mixed with tulasī leaves [a plant used in worship], consists of the auspicious water carrying the dust from the feet of Lord Krishna that sanctifies both the worlds inside and outside and even the Lord of Destruction [Lord S'iva]. What person destined to die would not turn to that river?

(7) With that decision he, the worthy descendant of the Pāndavas, with his sitting down at the river which flows from the feet of Vishnu, surrendered himself to the mercy of Mukunda till he died. He, free from all kinds of material attachment, would complete his fasting without deviating from the spirit of the vows respected by the sages.

(8) All the great minds and thinkers who together with their pupils are capable of elevating the entire world, then came to gather there on the plea of a pilgrimage. It is because of their personal presence that the holy places enjoy their status of sanctity. (9-10) Atri, Cyavana, S'aradvān, Arishthanemi, Bhrigu, Vasishthha, Parās'ara, Vis'vāmitra, Angirā, Paras'urāma, Uthathya, Indrapramada, Idhmavāhu, Medhātithi, Devala, Ārshthisena, Bhāradvāja, Gautama, Pippalāda, Maitreya, Aurva, Kavasha, Kumbhayoni, Dvaipāyana and the great personality Nārada arrived. (11) Also many other divine personalities, saintly brahmins, the best saintly advisors of the most prominent nobles and many other sages like Aruna appeared to the occasion. All the heads of the dynasties of sages assembling there were respectfully welcomed by the emperor bowing his head.

(12) When all of them were seated comfortably he, with folded hands present before them as someone whose mind is detached from worldly affairs, after again having offered them his obeisances, thereupon humbly spoke about his decision to fast. (13) The king said: 'We are truly grateful to be the most fortunate of all the kings who are trained to be receptive to the favors granted by the greatest of souls, because at the feet of the brahmins the royal orders because of their reprehensible actions are but refuse to be kept at a distance.

(14) Because of my sins the Controller of the transcendental and mundane worlds pronounced a curse against me via that brahmin, I who out of attachment always thought of family matters. Having assumed that form He, inspiring with fear, very soon will overtake my mundane attachment. (15) Therefore oh brahmins, just accept me as someone who with the Lord in his heart in surrender has taken to the divine mother Ganges. Let the snakebird, or whatever magical thing the twice-born called for, bite me forthwith. You please continue reciting the deeds of Lord Vishnu. (16) And, again, let it be so that wherever that I in relation to the Supreme, Unlimited Lord and the association He attracts in the material world may take birth, I will find friendly relations everywhere in obeisance to the twice-born.'

(17) And so it came to pass that the king, with the same perseverance as he had shown before, fully self-controlled seated himself on kus'a grass laid to the east, while facing the north from the southern bank of the wife of the sea [the Ganges]. The charge of his administration he had handed over to his son. (18) To that occasion the gods, who from the sky had seen that the king would fast until his end, all in praise scattered the earth with flowers, continually beating celestial drums in pleasure.

(19) All the great sages who had assembled there praised him for the wisdom he had thus shown and in approval said from the power of their goodness for the living beings, a goodness that in its quality is as beautifull as the divine praised in the scriptures: (20) 'It is not astonishing that this saintly king, the chief of all of us who strictly follow Krishna, being seated on the throne that is decorated with the helmets of kings, immediately gave up his life out of his desire to achieve association with the Fortunate One. (21) We all will stay at this place as long as it takes the king to give up his body and return to the world of the Supreme, where this foremost devotee will be completely free from worldly concerns and lamentation.'

(22) After having heard the assembled sages speak thus impartially, sweet to hear, grave and perfectly true, Parīkchit complimented them all with their appropriate show of respect and said, desirous to hear about the activities of Vishnu: (23) 'You all have assembled here as the representatives of the One above the three worlds [Brahmā], with no other intention in this world or a world hereafter but to act for the good of others according to your innate nature. (24) Therefore I beg you to tell me now, as trustworthy Vedic men of learning, after due deliberation, what of all the different duties of each and especially of those who are about to die, to your opinion would be the proper and befitting conduct.'

(25) At that moment, as if called for, the powerful son of Vyāsa, S'ukadeva Gosvāmī appeared. He, looking like a mendicant, satisfied in self-realization freely traveled around in the company of children without any concern about material comforts or an identity. (26) He, only sixteen years old, had a body with delicate legs, hands, thighs, arms, shoulders and forehead. His eyes were beautifully wide in a face with a high nose, similar ears, nice eyebrows and a neck as shapely as a conch shell. (27) With a fleshy collarbone, a broad chest and a deep navel he had nice folds in his abdomen. Stark naked with curly, scattered hair and long arms he had the hue of the best among the gods [Krishna; a dark complexion].

(28) Even though he covered his nakedness the sages, who had a keen eye for physiognomy, recognized the symptoms of the blackish skin, the beauty of his tender age and the attraction for the fair sex with his beautiful smiles. And so they all stood up from their seats. (29) To welcome the new guest, he who is always protected by Vishnu [Parīkchit] bowed before him and offered his obeisances, whereupon his less educated following of boys and women withdrew the moment he took his exalted seat in regard of the respect shown. (30) Surrounded there by the greatest of the great saints among the brahmins, the kings and the godly ones, S'ukadeva as the greatest lord shone as resplendent as the moon surrounded by the planets, heavenly bodies and stars.

(31) Calm, intelligent and self-assured sitting down the sage was approached by the great devotee, the king, who properly bowing down with folded hands asked him questions in a polite and friendly manner.

(32) Parīkchit said: 'Oh brahmin, what a blessing it is for us from the ruling class today to be chosen as a servant of the devotee, by your mercy of being our guest to be considered worthy the visit of all these relations of your good self. (33) When we think of your person that immediately purifies all the places we inhabit, not to mention what it means to see you, touch you, wash your feet and offer you a seat. (34) Through your presence, oh great mystic, our gravest sins are immediately vanquished, even as the nonbelievers are by the presence of Vishnu. (35) Finally Krishna, the Supreme Lord so dear to the sons of Pāndu, is of mercy for me and has, for the satisfaction of His cousins and brothers, accepted me, their descendant, as one of theirs. (36) How else could it be possible that you, out of your own free will, specially for someone in his last hours before death have appeared here to meet us, while you normally, all-perfect as you are, cannot be found among the common people? (37) Therefore I beg you as the supreme spiritual master of all ascetics, to clarify what, in this life, the perfection, the final beatitude would be for a person and what for someone about to die all would be the duty. (38) Please explain what the people in general, oh master, should attend to and chant about, what they should do, what they should remember and share, as also what would be against the principle. (39) This I ask because, oh supreme devotee, in the house of the householders one rarely sees you staying for longer than the exact time of milking a cow.' "

(40) Sūta said: "Thus pleasantly being addressed and questioned by the king, the supreme son of Vyāsadeva who was so well versed in the knowledge of what is one's actual duty, began his reply."

Thus the first Canto of the S'rīmad Bhāgavatam ends named: Creation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Text 1

Sūta said: "Going home the king thought that what he had done was something abominable and he was very depressed saying to himself: 'Alas, it was uncivilized and evil what I did to the faultless, grave and powerful brahmin.
Sūta said: "While going home the king thought that the act of what he had done was abominable and he was very depressed saying to himself: 'Alas, it was uncivilized and evil what I did to the faultless grave and powerful brahmin. (Vedabase)

Text 2

I will no doubt because of going against the injunctions very soon meet with a very troublesome calamity. I certainly hope that that will happen as soon as possible so that I will be relieved of my sins and never do anything like that again.

For sure it is because of going against the injunctions that very soon I will meet with a very troublesome calamity. I certainly hope that that will happen as soon as possible, so that I shall be relieved of my sins and never do something like that again. (Vedabase)

Text 3

May I, on this very day, burn with my kingdom, strength and wealth of riches in the fire ignited by the brahmin community, so that the inauspiciousness of sinning against the Lord, the culture and the cows may not return to me.'

May I, on this very day, burn with my kingdom, strength and wealth of riches in the fire of the brahmin community, so that the inauspiciousness of sinning against the Lord, the culture and the cows may not return to me.' (Vedabase)

Text 4

Thus pondering the message reached him of the curse of death pronounced by the sage's son. That curse in the form of the fire of a snake bird he accepted as something auspicious because that expected happening would be the logical consequence of the indifference of an all too attached person.

While he thought like this he came to hear of the curse of death of the sages son, which he accepted as well and good to happen in the nearby future as the fire of the snakebird caused by the indifference of one who is too attached. (Vedabase)

Text 5

He decided to give up on this world as also on the next, for he already had concluded that both worlds were inferior compared to a life of service at the feet of Krishna. So he sat down at the bank of the transcendental river [the Ganges] in order to fast. That was to his opinion the best thing he could do.

Thus giving up this and the next world, thinking of all that happened before as being insignificant, he sat himself in poise down at the bank of the transcendental river to fast in Krishna-consciousness, considering it the greatest achievement. (Vedabase)

Text 6

That river, always flowing mixed with tulasī leaves [a plant used in worship], consists of the auspicious water carrying the dust from the feet of Lord Krishna that sanctifies both the worlds inside and outside and even the Lord of Destruction [Lord S'iva]. What person destined to die would not turn to that river?

That river, always floating mixed with tulasi-leaves (a plant used in worship], carries the auspicious water with the dust from the feet of Lord Krishna that sanctifies both the worlds inside and outside as well as the Lord of Destruction [Lord S'iva] - who else but the one about to die any moment is to worship that river? (Vedabase)

Text 7

With that decision he, the worthy descendant of the Pāndavas, with his sitting down at the river which flows from the feet of Vishnu, surrendered himself to the mercy of Mukunda till he died. He, free from all kinds of material attachment, would complete his fasting without deviating from the spirit of the vows respected by the sages.

Thus having decided he, the worthy decendant of the Pāndavas sat down at the feet of Vishnu to fast until the death of giving himself up to the mercy of Mukunda without deviation from the spirit of the vows of sages in being freed from all kinds of association." (Vedabase)

Text 8

All the great minds and thinkers who together with their pupils are capable of elevating the entire world, then came to gather there on the plea of a pilgrimage. It is because of their personal presence that the holy places enjoy their status of sanctity.

"There as good as on the plea of pilgering came together all the world's power of grace of great minds and thinkers along with their disciples that sanctify all places of pilgrimage by their presence: (Vedabase)

Text 9-10

Atri, Cyavana, S'aradvān, Arishthanemi, Bhrigu, Vasishthha, Parās'ara, Vis'vāmitra, Angirā, Paras'urāma, Uthathya, Indrapramada, Idhmavāhu, Medhātithi, Devala, Ārshthisena, Bhāradvāja, Gautama, Pippalāda, Maitreya, Aurva, Kavasha, Kumbhayoni, Dvaipāyana and the great personality Nārada arrived.

Atri, Cyavana, S'aradvān, Arishthanemi, Bhrigu, Vasishthha, Parās'ara, Vis'vāmitra, Angirā, Paras'urāma, Uthathya, Indrapramada, Idhmavāhu, Medhātithi, Devala, Ārshthisena, Bhāradvāja, Gautama, Pippalāda, Maitreya, Aurva, Kavasha, Kumbhayoni, Dvaipāyana and the great personality Nārada. (Vedabase)

Text 11

Also many other divine personalities, saintly brahmins, the best saintly advisors of the most prominent nobles and many other sages like Aruna appeared to the occasion. All the heads of the dynasties of sages assembling there were respectfully welcomed by the emperor bowing his head.

The many other wise of God, saintly brahmins, the best of the holy kings and Arunādaya's [a special rank of them] and many other heads of the dynasties of sages who assembled there in worship, were welcomed by the emperor who bowed his head. (Vedabase)

Text 12

When all of them were seated comfortably he, with folded hands present before them as someone whose mind is detached from worldly affairs, after again having offered them his obeisances, thereupon humbly spoke about his decision to fast.

With all sitting down in comfort and after again having offered them his obeisances, he thereupon humbly with folded hands present before them spoke, as one who's mind is detached from worldly affairs, of his decision to fast. (Vedabase)

Text 13

The king said: 'We are truly grateful to be the most fortunate of all the kings who are trained to be receptive to the favors granted by the greatest of souls, because at the feet of the brahmins the royal orders because of their reprehensible actions are but refuse to be kept at a distance.

The king said: 'We indeed are grateful to be the most fortunate of all the kings trained to get favors from the great souls, as to the feet of the brahmins the royal orders are but refuse to be kept at a distance on acount of condemnable activities. (Vedabase)

Text 14

Because of my sins the Controller of the transcendental and mundane worlds pronounced a curse against me via that brahmin, I who out of attachment always thought of family matters. Having assumed that form He, inspiring with fear, very soon will overtake my mundane attachment.

Because of my sins, the Controller of the transcendental and mundane worlds certainly cursed me via that twice-born one because of my attachment of always thinking about family affairs - and taking that form very soon by means of fear He will overtake my being affected. (Vedabase)

Text 15

Therefore oh brahmins, just accept me as someone who with the Lord in his heart in surrender has taken to the divine mother Ganges. Let the snakebird, or whatever magical thing the twice-born called for, bite me forthwith. You please continue reciting the deeds of Lord Vishnu.

Therefore just accept me, o brahmins, as one who has taken in surrender to the divine mother Ganges with the Lord in his heart. Let the snakebird or whatever magical the twice-born called for bite me forthwith and please continue with the recitation of the deeds of Lord Vishnu. (Vedabase)

Text 16

And, again, let it be so that wherever that I in relation to the Supreme, Unlimited Lord and the association He attracts in the material world may take birth, I will find friendly relations everywhere in obeisance to the twice-born.'

And again let it be so that wherever unto the Supreme Unlimited Lord and the association He attracts in the material world, that I may take my birth, I will find friendly relations everywhere in obeisance to the twice-born.' (Vedabase)

Text 17

And so it came to pass that the king, with the same perseverance as he had shown before, fully self-controlled seated himself on kus'a grass laid to the east, while facing the north from the southern bank of the wife of the sea [the Ganges]. The charge of his administration he had handed over to his son.

"Thus, as persevering as in the past, the king sat himself on Kusa-gras layed down to the east in selfcontrol facing the north from the southern bank of the wife of the sea [the Ganges], while having given the administration over to his son. (Vedabase)

Text 18

To that occasion the gods, who from the sky had seen that the king would fast until his end, all in praise scattered the earth with flowers, continually beating celestial drums in pleasure.

To that, from the sky seeing that the king would fast until his end, all the gods in praise scattered the earth with flowers, continually beating celestial drums in pleasure. (Vedabase)

Text 19

All the great sages who had assembled there praised him for the wisdom he had thus shown and in approval said from the power of their goodness for the living beings, a goodness that in its quality is as beautifull as the divine praised in the scriptures:

All the great sages that had assembled there thus praised him wise and approvingly said, from the power of their goodness to the living beings, that is in quality as beautifull as the divine praised in the scriptures: (Vedabase)

Text 20

'It is not astonishing that this saintly king, the chief of all of us who strictly follow Krishna, being seated on the throne that is decorated with the helmets of kings, immediately gave up his life out of his desire to achieve association with the Fortunate One.

'It is not astonishing that this saintly king, the chief of all of us who are strict in following Krishna, seated on the throne decorated with the helmets of kings, immediately gave up desiring to achieve association with the Fortunate One. (Vedabase)

Text 21

We all will stay at this place as long as it takes the king to give up his body and return to the world of the Supreme, where this foremost devotee will be completely free from worldly concerns and lamentation.'

All of us, will stay as long at this place as it takes the king to give up his body to attain to the world of the Supreme where this foremost devotee returns to complete freedom from worldy concerns and lamentation.' (Vedabase)

Text 22

After having heard the assembled sages speak thus impartially, sweet to hear, grave and perfectly true, Parīkchit complimented them all with their appropriate show of respect and said, desirous to hear about the activities of Vishnu:

After hearing the assembled sages speaking thus impartially, sweet to hear, grave and perfectly true, Parīkchit complimented them all with the appropriate presentation and, desiring to hear of the activities of Vishnu, he said: (Vedabase)

Text 23

'You all have assembled here as the representatives of the One above the three worlds [Brahmā], with no other intention in this world or a world hereafter but to act for the good of others according to your innate nature.

'Being assembled here from all directions certainly all of you, as the personification of the vedic knowledge of the Pure Truth over the three worlds [heaven, purgatory and hell], have no other interest in this world nor in the next or any other, but to do good to the very soul of others. (Vedabase)

Text 24

Therefore I beg you to tell me now, as trustworthy Vedic men of learning, after due deliberation, what of all the different duties of each and especially of those who are about to die, to your opinion would be the proper and befitting conduct.'

From this, I am begging you, as trustworthy vedic learned ones, to tell me therefore what out of all the different duties of all and especially of those who are about to die, would be perfectly correct as dutiful and befitting to your complete deliberation.' (Vedabase)

Text 25

At that moment, as if called for, the powerful son of Vyāsa, S'ukadeva Gosvāmī appeared. He, looking like a mendicant, satisfied in self-realization freely traveled around in the company of children without any concern about material comforts or an identity.

At that moment, as if called for, the powerful son of Vyāsa, S'ukadeva Gosvāmī, appeared who, satisfied in selfrealization, traveled around disinterested without any concerns of identity, surrounded by children and dressed in neglect of others [naked]. (Vedabase)

Text 26

He, only sixteen years old, had a body with delicate legs, hands, thighs, arms, shoulders and forehead. His eyes were beautifully wide in a face with a high nose, similar ears, nice eyebrows and a neck as shapely as a conch shell.

Being only sixteen years of age he had delicate legs, hands, thighs, arms, shoulders, forehead and body. His eyes were beautifully wide and with a high nose and similar ears he had a face with nice brows and a neck as well formed as a conch shell. (Vedabase)

Text 27

With a fleshy collarbone, a broad chest and a deep navel he had nice folds in his abdomen. Stark naked with curly, scattered hair and long arms he had the hue of the best among the gods [Krishna; a dark complexion].

With a fleshy collarbone, a broad chest and a deep navel he had a striped abdomen and was naked with curly scattered hair and elongated hands with the hue of the best among the gods [Krishna; a dark complexion]. (Vedabase)

Text 28

Even though he covered his nakedness the sages, who had a keen eye for physiognomy, recognized the symptoms of the blackish skin, the beauty of his tender age and the attraction for the fair sex with his beautiful smiles. And so they all stood up from their seats.

Even though he covered his nakedness, the sages, who had a keen eye for physiognomy, recognized the symptoms of the blackish skin, the beauty of young age and the attraction for the fair sex with his beautiful smiles - and they all stood up from their seats. (Vedabase)

Text 29

To welcome the new guest, he who is always protected by Vishnu [Parīkchit] bowed before him and offered his obeisances, whereupon his less educated following of boys and women withdrew the moment he took his exalted seat in regard of the respect shown.

To welcome the guest arriving, the one always protected by Vishnu [Parīkchit], bowed before him offering his obeisances, upon which his less intelligent following of boys and women was sure to withdraw itself as he took his exalted seat in reception of the respect. (Vedabase)

Text 30

Surrounded there by the greatest of the great saints among the brahmins, the kings and the godly ones, S'ukadeva as the greatest lord shone as resplendent as the moon surrounded by the planets, heavenly bodies and stars.

S'ukadev, surrounded there by the greatest of the great saints amongst the brahmins, the kings and the godly ones, well deserved made a supreme and able presence, that compared to the moon surrounded by planets, heavenly bodies and stars. (Vedabase)

Text 31

Calm, intelligent and self-assured sitting down the sage was approached by the great devotee, the king, who properly bowing down with folded hands asked him questions in a polite and friendly manner.

Sitting down in calm and self-assured of intelligence the sage was approached by the great devotee, the king, who properly bowed down with folded hands inquiring in sweet polite words. (Vedabase)

Text 32

Parīkchit said: 'Oh brahmin, what a blessing it is for us from the ruling class today to be chosen as a servant of the devotee, by your mercy of being our guest to be considered worthy the visit of all these relations of your good self.

Parīkchit said: 'O brahmin, today we have become eligible to serve the devotee and to be, ruling class, alike friends by your mercy - as in making your presence as a guest, your good self brings about all the good qualities. (Vedabase)

Text 33

When we think of your person that immediately purifies all the places we inhabit, not to mention what it means to see you, touch you, wash your feet and offer you a seat.

Thinking of your person certainly instantly purifies all the places we inhabit, not mentioning what it means to see you, touch you, wash your feet and offer you a seat. (Vedabase)

Text 34

Through your presence, oh great mystic, our gravest sins are immediately vanquished, even as the nonbelievers are by the presence of Vishnu.

On account of your being present, o great mystic, our sins in spite of their invulnerability are immediately vanquished, which is certainly from your being as a person alike Vishnu Himself so different from the other demigods. (Vedabase)

Text 35

Finally Krishna, the Supreme Lord so dear to the sons of Pāndu, is of mercy for me and has, for the satisfaction of His cousins and brothers, accepted me, their descendant, as one of theirs.

Definitely, the Supreme Lord granted us the pleasure of Krishna so dear to the sons of Pāndu, accepting us as a friend in relating to the father like cousins do to the satisfaction of the descent. (Vedabase)

Text 36

How else could it be possible that you, out of your own free will, specially for someone in his last hours before death have appeared here to meet us, while you normally, all-perfect as you are, cannot be found among the common people?

Otherwise, how could you, specifically for me in my last hours before death, out of your own free will appear here to meet us, while normally you are invisible among the common man, being all-perfect as you are? (Vedabase)

Text 37

Therefore I beg you as the supreme spiritual master of all ascetics, to clarify what, in this life, the perfection, the final beatitude would be for a person and what for someone about to die all would be the duty.

Therefore I beg you to tell us about the way of perfection of the saints, as you are the supreme spiritual master of a person in this life, whatever the duty would be of someone about to die, however you look at it. (Vedabase)

Text 38

Please explain what the people in general, oh master, should attend to and chant about, what they should do, what they should remember and share, as also what would be against the principle.

What would be worth hearing of and repeating the mantra's about as well as what should the common people do, o master, of that which is either remembered or of worship - and please tell what would be against the principle. (Vedabase)

Text 39

This I ask because, oh supreme devotee, in the house of the householders one rarely sees you staying for longer than the exact time of milking a cow.' "

This because, o supreme devotee, in the house of the householders one rarely sees you staying for longer than the exact time of milking a cow'." (Vedabase)

Text 40

Sūta said: "Thus pleasantly being addressed and questioned by the king, the supreme son of Vyāsadeva who was so well versed in the knowledge of what is one's actual duty, began his reply."

Sūta said: "Thus pleasantly being adressed and questioned by the king, the supreme son of Vyāsadeva so well versed in the knowledge of the true duty, began with his reply." (Vedabase)

Yaad Kuch Aata Nahin, Yeh Hua Kab Se...Ho Gaya Mushkil Chhupaana Raaz Yeh Sab Se...Tum Kaho To Maang Loon Main Aaj Kuch Rab Se Rabba mere rabba rabba, rabba mere rabba,Is pyaar ko main kya naam doon Roshni se bhare bhare..Bhare bhare naina tere..Chhooke bole na chhoona mujhe Suraj hua maddham, chaand jalne laga..Aasmaan yeh haai kyoon pighalne laga..Main thehra raha, zameen chalne lagi.. Bheeghi Bheeghi Raaton Mein, Phir Tum Aao Na...Asi Barsaton Mein Aao Na.. Humko Humise Chura Lo, Dil Mein Kahin Tum Chhupa Lo,Hum Akele Kho Naa Jaaye, Door Tumse Ho Naa Jaaye,Paas Aao Gale Se Lagaa Lo Toota Toota ek parinda...Jo bhi kaal hua kal bhi phir aayaga Hai...Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe..Ho gaya hai kaisa yeh kamaal kya kahe Ruka Ja, Oh Jaana Wali Ruka Ja...Nazara Mein To Tera Bhura Sa Sahi..Adami Mein Bhura Nahi Dil Ka Aja Re, Aja Re Oh Mere Dilbar Aja..Dil Ki Pyaas Buja Ja Re...Oh Noorie kabhie kabhie mere dil mein khayaal aata hai...ke jaise tujh ko banaya gaya hai mere liye..ke jaise tujh ko banaya gaya haiKitna bechain hoke tumse mila...Tumko kya tha khabar tha main kitna akela ..Ke kitna mohabbat hai tumse...Hai...Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe..Ho gaya hai kaisa yeh kamaal kya kaheTujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam..Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam..Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam.Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam..Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam.Ab ahan se kahan jaaye hum..Teri bahon mein mar jaaye hum Aksar is duniya mein anjaane milte hain,Anjaani raahon mein milke kho jaate hain,Lekin hamesha voh yaad aate hain Na kajre ki dhaar, na motiyon ke haar,Na koi kiya singaar phir bhi kitni sundar ho,Tum kitni sundar ho Na jaane mere dil ko kya ho gaya..Abhi to yahin tha, abhi kho gaya..Ho gaya hai tujhko to pyaar sajna..Lakh kar le tu inkaar sajna..Dildaar sajna, hai yeh pyaar sajna

Dil Dooba Dil Dooba...Neela Akho Mein Yeh Dil Dooba.. Neela Neela Amber Per Chand Jab Aye...Aisa Koi Saathi Ho ..Aisa Koi Premi Hoi Jaanam Dekh Lo Mit Gayeen Dooriyaan..Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan...Kaisi Sarhadein...Kaisi Majbooriyaan..Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan...Tum Chhupaa Na Sakogi Main Vo Raaz Hoon...Tum Bhulaa Na Sakogi Vo Andaaz Hoon...Goonjtaa Hoon Jo Dil Mein To Hairaan Ho Kyon...Main Tumhaare Hi Dil Ki To Aavaaz Hoon...Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan Hoon..Yahaan... Aisa muhje tu na dehka na...seeena se laga loonga, tum ko tumse chura loonga...dil mein chupa loonga Gila Gila Dil Gila.. Mila mila mila koi mila ...Teri Ha Adaar Laga sab se judaa hai dil tuje per fida hai... Dhoom Dhoom let ya body do the talking..Dhoom Dhoom be the fire thats buring..Dhoom machaalay dhoom machaalay dhoom Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye..Hota ke siya...Dil mein Magar chalte reha chaahat ke Diya... Zara zara bahekta hai, mahekta hai,Aaj to mera tan badan, main pyaasi hoon,Mujhe bhar le apni baahon mein Dheera dheera se mera zindagi mein ana...tumsi pyar huma hai kitna jaana jaana Pyar ke isa khel mein..do dil aur mehl mein, tera peecha na chodunga soniya Mera mehboob sanam, tera ashiq hogaya hum...milaka nazaaro se nazaar tera pyaar mein kogaya hum... Wada Raha Pyar Se Pyar Ka, Hum Na Hoga Juda, Dil Ke Dhadkhan Sunrha Hai Mera Khudda Dheera Dheera Se Mera Zindagi Mein Ana...Tumsi Pyar Huma Hai Kitna Jaana JaanaSaamne hain raastein, hum guzar jaaye...Ya kisi ke vaaste hum thaher jaaye...Ab yahan tak aa gaye hain, ab kidhar jaaye...Jaaduuuuuuu teri nazar...Kushboo tera baadan..tu har kar, ya nah kar...Kali nagin ke jaise..Zulfe teri kali kali..Sagar ko moti aur..Suraj ko tu dati hai lali..Kali nagin ke jaise..Zulfe teri kali kaliYeh din yeh mahine saal guzar jaayenge mere yaar..Magar itna rakhna khayaal..Jeena sirf mere liye, jeena sirf mere liye..Kasam se jeena sirf mere liye, jeena sirf mere liye Banno ki saheli resham ki dori..Chhup chhupke sharmaaye dekhe chori chori..Yeh maane ya na maane main to ispe mar gaya..Yeh ladki haai allah, haai haai re allah Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye,Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaaye,Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye,Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaaye,Ab to mera dil jaage na sota hai,Kya karoon haaye, kuch kuch hota hai