Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Top 10 excuses by women who don’t wear the Hijab
View Single Post

Old 11-11-2007   #14
Original Sistah
Still Learning

female
Original Sistah is on a distinguished road
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

has no status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukh
He never raised her eyes! I kept looking at her and I felt so so sorry for her .... I don't know why but I felt awful! Poor little girl! This is not fair! Muslim MEN shoud cover themselves as well ! They shouldn't be hanging around in jeans and look any woman in the eye! They shouldn't! It's not fair...
erm I think it should be established that people are cultural.. some probably more so than others, and that culture seems to be heavily engrained in their minds and has more impact on their actions rather than their religion (Islam)

When Islam says lower your gaze, it means when a member of the opposite sex is looking as you in a sexual sense etc, not for simply walking down the street.. that is a cultural thing..

And as for Muslim men.. mdoesty is of course encouraged, and men have to definitely be covered from naval to knee, men have to lower their gaze too - it isn't all about the woman

Original Sistah